Skeleton animation using OptiTrack Unity Plugin

jekasores

Skeleton animation using OptiTrack Unity Plugin

Post by jekasores »

Hello fellows,

I want to build an avatar in Unity using the OptiTrack Unity Plugin. For that, I used the following tutorial: https://v20.wiki.optitrack.com/index.ph ... ity_Plugin

However, the avatar arms have a distortion compared to the original skeleton in Motive. The legs work fine, but the arms have some kind of rotation problem in the joints.

How can I solve this problem?

Best wishes,

Jéssica.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Skeleton animation using OptiTrack Unity Plugin

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi Jessica,

This sounds like an issue that may have occurred with a previous version of Motive or the plugin. If you are using Motive 2.0, you will need to have downloaded the latest version of the Unity plugin from our website. You may also want to be sure you are using Motive 2.0.1.

If you continue to struggle with this, please feel free to reach out to us directly.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
jekasores

Post by jekasores »

Hello Steven,

Thank you for answering me! You are right, I am using the Motive 1.10.0 this is the latest version supported for my license. Do you think it is possible to perform a efficient animation anyhow?

Regards,

Jéssica
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

My pleasure Jessica,

Actually, I need to correct myself. Looking back on this, the arm issues we were experiencing were not in Unity, but in Unreal. I cannot think of any reason you should be experiencing any extreme errors on the arms, unless there was some bug that was fixed in Motive after 1.10.0. There were none that I can find.

The only known issue in Unity is that the Mecanim solver does not correlate with the real world positions of our data, so skeleton solves will almost never line up with other rigid bodies in Unity. This is just a limitation of Unity's body solution.

The only way we could help you, going forward, would be if you were using the current versions so we could test this along side you. To our knowledge, the current versions are working as expected.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
jekasores

Post by jekasores »

Hello Steven,

Thank you for answering me! Yesterday, we solved the problem of the avatar arms by using an older version of the plugin 1.0.1 with the version 1.10.0 of Motive software. Previously, we were testing the plugin 1.1.0 with Motive 1.10.0 and this was causing the bug.

Best wishes,

Jéssica
Anamika2123

Post by Anamika2123 »

Looking or same problem solution... nice thread...