Display marker IDs

TobiasBrede

Display marker IDs

Post by TobiasBrede »

Hey everyone,
I just have some issues figuring out the IDs of labelled markers (on a skeleton). Is there any way to get them or display them in Motive?
I'm currently using the upper-body skeletton with fingers.

Thanks,
Tobias
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Display marker IDs

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi Tobias,

If you open the Visual Aids in the Perspective view, you can enable the Marker Labels.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (13.94 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
This will cause Motive to show the labels for any markers that are currently selected.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
TobiasBrede

Post by TobiasBrede »

Thank you for your quick reply, but Marker Labels are already activated.

I think I should explain my problem a little more detailed:

I use the python client to print the incoming data (IDs and Position), but I don't know which of these IDs belongs to which marker.
I can see the IDs of the orange Markers in Motive, but they are out of range and I can't display the IDs of the grey Markers.
Attachments
IDs shown in Motive
IDs shown in Motive
Motive.jpg (52.77 KiB) Viewed 2946 times
Data printed by the python client.
Data printed by the python client.
Console.jpg (150.05 KiB) Viewed 2946 times
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi TobiasBrede,

Thanks for clarifying. We provide limited support for the Python sample, so I may not be able to provide full detail for this solution.
The gray markers you see around the skeleton are the assigned marker positions. Unfortunately, the Marker Labels cannot be displayed in realtime, but when looking at the data in Edit mode the selected markers will display a more useful Name instead of a number.

The IDs in your screenshot do appear to be quite small. I believe you may be looking at the Skeleton Marker IDs, which are just the marker's ID within the skeleton definition.

If being labeled by a Skeleton, the markers will have a Label/Name. Matching the ID with what you see in Motive may be more difficult than using this Name. Line 322 of NatNetClient.py, from NatNet 3.0.1, begins to demonstrate getting the marker descriptor data. Although the marker Names cannot be displayed live in Motive, they will be more descriptive and may be more useful in identifying which marker is which.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com