Skeleton not working

KohliHead14

Skeleton not working

Post by KohliHead14 »

I've been trying to use motive to create a skeleton, but when I select a markerset, it doesn't show me the avatar. I've tried every marketset and non of them have shown me an avatar. Any suggestions as to how I could create the skeleton?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Skeleton not working

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi KohliHead14,

That does sound like an odd issue. Regardless of the avatar missing from the UI, does Motive let you create a skeleton if a person is in the volume with the markers on as expected? You can reference the online documentation if you are not sure where the markers are supposed to go.
Entertainment Markersets
Biomechanics Markersets

The avatar not displaying sounds like it may be graphics related, so you might try making sure your graphics card has the latest factory drivers installed, and not some generic Windows drivers.

If you need some help troubleshooting this, feel free to reach out to our Support team for further assistance.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com
bsteagal

Post by bsteagal »

Hi KohliHead14,

I've had strange UI issues like this when utilizing motive on 4k screens in high resolution. You might also want to try setting your adapter to standard 1920x1080, close motive, reboot and then open motive and see if you get the same issue
Bryan Steagall
Owner
Kidz Korner Studio
OptiTrack Distributor
Mexico, Central and South America
505-615-2410
bryan@kkstudio.us
www.kkstudio.us
KohliHead14

Post by KohliHead14 »

Hi Steven,

I installed a newer driver for my graphics card and it works, I can see the avatar now.

Thanks for the help!
KohliHead14
sumo

Post by sumo »

I think the driver update is the issue here I just installed a new driver and its working for me