Question about AMTI properties

ogasawara

Question about AMTI properties

Post by ogasawara »

Hi all,

Q1
Let me know the meaning of the following AMTI properties displayed in the property pane and
the exported CSV header.

Electrical offset
Plate length. Plate width.

Q2
Does Motive automatically get these properties from AMTI configuration software?

Q3
Do these above properties affect the position of CoP visualized in the 3D view?

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
Question_AMTI_Export.jpg
Question_AMTI_Export.jpg (180.85 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
joe.lee

Re: Question about AMTI properties

Post by joe.lee »

Hello,

Thank you for using OptiTrack and sharing your questions about the AMTI force plate integration.

Q1: First of all, the width and length values represent the physical dimension of the platform in inches. The electrical offset, or mechanical-to-electrical center, are the values that indicate where the sensor is actually located on this platform.

Q2: For AMTI plates, Motive queries the dimension values from the AMTI SDK and fills out the information automatically, but the electrical offset values may need to be manually entered depending on the device. The offset values should be provided through the device spec sheet from the manufacturer and are different for each device.

Q3: Correct, from these force plate properties, the location of the CoP visualized in 3D view is determined.

I hope this clarifies for you.

Regards,
-Joseph
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
ogasawara

Re: Question about AMTI properties

Post by ogasawara »

Dear Joseph Lee,

Thank you for your response. I will confirm the spec sheet from the manufacture for sensor position in this FP.

Best,