Motive and Command line

mpopek

Motive and Command line

Post by mpopek »

Hi all,

I try to get data from Motive to my custom application. I have investigated NaNet and it looks like good way of acquiring data, but I have a problem with application initialization.
I would like to use my application to run and configure Motive.
Few questions at the beginning:
Is it possible to run Motive in no window mode from Command line?
Is it possible to pass some configuration via Command line: path to calibration file, ...?
If application cannot be configured from command line, than is there any other way? Some configuration file?

I will be grateful for all help,
Best regards,
Michal
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Motive and Command line

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi Michal,

Thanks for reaching out to the community regarding Motive.

It is possible to launch Motive via command line. After providing a path to the Motive executable, you can follow with a path to a Profile (.motive). This will cause Motive to launch with the configuration stored in the profile. You could also simplify this by simply providing a path to the profile in command line.

Running without a UI is possible, but would require you to develop with the API. With the API you can run most of the Motive functionality without using the interface. As part of your application, you could include loading whichever profile and calibration files are suitable. This will probably be the most complete solution for you.
https://v22.wiki.optitrack.com/index.ph ... Motive_API

I hope this helps. If you run into any issues or want to speak about this some more, feel free to reach out to our team.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
support@optitrack.com