When will Motive 3.0 be updated?

rayden

Re: When will Motive 3.0 be updated?

Post by rayden »

Hi Everyone, I've been waiting for some time to upgrade as well.
If it is truly the case, that some senior staff has left the company, it is understandable now why there's been such a slowdown in the software development. Certainly, something is not going 100% well.

A Motive 2.3.0 was released 2 days ago. How is this related to the upcoming Motive 3.0 release that we're told is about to come any time now?

Mostly why we're waiting for Motive 3.0 is the videos shown in 2019 with the new skeleton solver.
Other than that I'm ok handling things with 1.10 version we own.
I've researched Planar systems, and can see optitrack heavily used on the virtual production led walls, so I think OptiTrack is in good hands there.

We're planning another mocap investment and this is certainly something we need to clarify before making our decision.

Steven mentioned that they'll be able to give a more definite deadline 2 weeks ago. Has the situation changed after the release of 2.3.0 that you're now able to share progress on 3.0?

Thanks, good luck to the team.
Mocapmaster wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:08 am :shock:
With most of the senior staff and president Jim Richardson leaving the company... will there ever be a Motive 3.0?

Or is the focus now doing stuff for the main owner Planar systems?

2 years of waiting... something needs to be said.

/concerned customer
Neil Abrew

Post by Neil Abrew »

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to the new members of our forum!

We're alive and well, and incredibly excited as Steven mentioned to update you soon on the status of Motive 3. And I'm not talking 'soon' as in months, but ACTUALLY soon ;)

There has been no slow down from any administrative changes, and in fact we have been hiring developers and adding to our software team to handle more workload than we ever have had to date. The extra develpment time comes with an abundance of feature additions and enhancements that will cement Motive's place as the premier motion capture suite.

Yesterday we released Motive 2.3 which is a massive update—encompassing a pandemic's worth of development time and effort culminating into a product we are truly proud of. Here are a few highlights from the release:
Active Rigid Body Speed Improvements - 66% (!!) less latency than previous versions of Motive.

Anchor Markers - Active or passive markers may now be added to the scene to both aid continuous calibration with disconnected volumes and provide peace of mind regarding origin drift.

Added Support for Using 250+ Cameras - Pushing the limit on the number of cameras possible.

Continuous Calibration
- Now states which cameras, if any, need more calibration (wand) samples.
- Improved support for overhead grid configurations.
- Works better for large numbers of cameras and the limit has been increased to 250+ cameras.
- Gives more reliable calibration updates with static markers in the volume.

IMU Sensor Fusion Improvements
- Added a slider for more granular user control.
- Added color feedback to report which rigid bodies are consuming IMU data, and which are calibrating from IMU data.
- Improved performance during physical impacts with other IMUs.
- Overall improvements to tracking quality for edge cases.
- Improved orientation tracking for rigid bodies with no markers but IMU data.
You can view the full changelog and download the software here - https://www.optitrack.com/support/downloads/

You will hear from me again. Have a fantastic weekend!
Neil Abrew
Brand Manger
OptiTrack | TrackIR
rayden

Post by rayden »

Hi Neil,
Thanks for being able to respond quickly. It's great to hear from the team, and I'm happy to make wrong assumptions based on rumors and that you're in fact on track.
Looking forward to work with both 2.3 and 3.0 as soon as we upgrade.
Fabio

Post by Fabio »

Neil Abrew wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:10 pm Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to the new members of our forum!

We're alive and well, and incredibly excited as Steven mentioned to update you soon on the status of Motive 3. And I'm not talking 'soon' as in months, but ACTUALLY soon ;)
I'm very happy to hear that!
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello everyone!

Motive 3.0 Beta 1 was released today. Here is a link to the forum announcement.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20423

Cheers!
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com
rayden

Post by rayden »

Congrats to the team.
Thanks for the release.
The solving looks amazing, can't wait to upgrade.
rizarefaldi

Post by rizarefaldi »

nice,
Thanks for the release.
nowers784

Post by nowers784 »

This is the update that I have been waiting for a long time. Thank you so much team for your solid work. Great update!