keyframing in motive ?

artoo

keyframing in motive ?

Post by artoo »

Hello,

i guess this is more of a workflow suggestion than a question:

i have recorded two people fighting.
for a time one hand did not get tracked right.
two of the hand markers had been covered for a longer while, and all attempts with interpolating the caps do not give good results.

now i would love to go to different points within the big gap, and use the transform tool to correct the hand rotations manually,
(just highlight the hand, and use the rotate tool)
and then let motive make a key for that on the selected or current frame.

so i could make some keys, and after that try again with cubic oder pattern fill for the rest inbetween the keys i have set.

this is not possible, or ?

sure, this is something that should be easy to fix later with classic keyframing tools in motionbuilder,
opposed to handling two wrist and one outer hand markers that do a complex move around themselfes (the guy rolls over)

but at the moment the hand flips all over the place, and if i export this, the whole arm gets affected by it.

thanks and greetings!
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: keyframing in motive ?

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi artoo,

It sounds like you may be trying to keyframe the skeleton in Motive?

Keyframing is very limited in Motive, and can only be applied to markers. After drawing a frame or a curve on the graph for a marker, the fill tools can be used on the remaining marker data. This tool will not work on the skeleton.

If the marker data is too difficult to clean up, you will probably have an easier time editing the skeleton key frames in MotionBuilder for the time being. Once we release Motive 3.0, you should see a huge improvement in the initial skeleton tracking.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com