mesh data/nodes for Clo3D

SimonevanD

mesh data/nodes for Clo3D

Post by SimonevanD »

Hi all,

Im working as a workshop manager at an art academy and in this workshop we have a optitrack motion capture system. Since we only know the basics of the system i feel like im a beginner with motive.
On this academy we are looking for ways to combine recorded motion (suit tracking) with Clo3D which is a 3D modeling software designed for the fashion industry.
The problem we find is that we get errors when we want to load fbx files into this software.
like:
Failed to load. Files does not contain any mesh nodes
This doesnt seem logical to me cause why would a motion file contain mesh nodes, but still... i seems logical to them.
weve contacted support from Clo3D but they couldnt help us more then that our files are not corrupted, they just miss mesh nodes.
Can anybody help me pointing in the direction to how i could obtain such a file from motive or another solution?

Ive tried Blender but i get the same problems errors.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: mesh data/nodes for Clo3D

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi SimonevanD,

Our FBX files would likely not contain any meshes, since we only export the animated markers, rigid bodies and skeletons. I imagine that in an application such as MotionBuilder or Blender, you would need to retarget your animation to a rig that contains the required meshes.

But this is a guess, my being completely unfamiliar with Clo3D.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com