coming back to optitrack after a long time

leith

coming back to optitrack after a long time

Post by leith »

So, I've been away for a LONG time. I've been doing other things.

But I just finally got my old V100:R1 cameras up and running again. And as of yesterday, I bought (and received) a brand new Motive license. I had been limping along on an old Arena license and TrackingTools license because, I wasn't really actively using my system enough to justify the upgrade costs.

I haven't used it for much yet. Mostly I just calibrated the system and looked around the new Motive interface and features.

I just want to compliment the NP team on a couple of things.

Firstly, I am very impressed that my old V100:R1 cameras are supported and working with the software. As an early adopter of the product line, I'm impressed with the dedication to the hardware. It was a significant investment for me at the time to buy them. And I feel a lot better about upgrading to a new (pricey) Motive license when I see that my old V100s are working like a charm. At the end of the day, if an FPGA and camera sensor can keep tracking centroids in sync, that's what's needed after all.

Second, I'm very impressed with where the software has gone. Prior to NP's introduction of the OT line, I had plenty of experience with VICON camera systems, which provided a baseline for me, about what a professional system needs to be able to do. Now, stepping into Motive I can say the software is really very well adapted to the needs of real production. This was always a struggle prior. But I am really quite happy with the baseline feature-set that exists now.

I just wanted to take a moment to say that I'm impressed. Because now that I'm actively using the software again, you will probably get a bunch of feature requests and constructive criticism going forward from me ;)
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: coming back to optitrack after a long time

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello leith,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Motive's evolution through the years. We have put a lot of work into making it a useful tool in production, and in general.

Your feedback and feature request are very welcome, so please feel free to share with our Support team as you continue to familiarize yourself with the software.

One more thing; the documentation has come a long long way since the early days, so you can learn a lot if you visit our wiki.
https://v22.wiki.optitrack.com/index.ph ... ng_Started

Cheers!
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com