Support for Motionbuilder 2020 / Maya 2022

rhagen

Support for Motionbuilder 2020 / Maya 2022

Post by rhagen »

Hi there,

I have Motive 2.2.0 and I was trying to export an Ascii FBX with Actor file to Motionbuilder 2020. I get a failed import with Motionbuilder saying it is a legacy 2017 file. I get the optical markers and have to configure my own actor file, which.... why offer a feature if it doesn't work? Will this be fixed in Motive 3.0?

On the plugin front, I also noticed the streaming plugins only work up to Motionbuilder 2018 and Maya 2018. This has affected my ability to do Virtual Camera through InsightVCS, Marker streaming and suchlike.

Being an EDU customer, Autodesk revokes access to older software and I can no longer run old copies of Motionbuilder or Maya from before 2019. We have to use Maya v2020, moving into v2022 and Motionbuilder v2020.

Can the software be updated, or are the plugins now considered deprecated?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Support for Motionbuilder 2020 / Maya 2022

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi rhagen,

Thanks for reaching out to the community regarding the plugins. We have been busy with some important work, as we are getting ready to release the much anticipated Motive 3.0. We hope to release this soon, and at that time we should be able to finalize updates for the Autodesk plugins. Unfortunately, I am not able to give an exact timeline.

If you rely on the VCS portion of the plugin, this is unfortunately broken in 2019 and 2020. This is due to a change Autodesk made that we have not been able to overcome. I have heard this will be fixed in MotionBuilder 2022, but no testing has been done to verify that yet.

Regarding the Actor, Autodesk seemed to have made some change in the Actor format or the importing workflow after 2018. We have been working to fix this, but the change has made it more difficult than we originally anticipated. A fix for the Actor export may not be available soon, but we will continue to work on it.

Feel free to check in with us again later, or you can monitor our Announcements where we immediately post about new releases.
viewforum.php?f=1

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com
UntitledProject

Post by UntitledProject »

This has made my day!
Glad to hear you will continue to support Motionbuilder :D

www.untitledproject.sg
krehe

Post by krehe »

Has this content not been modified yet? I'm using motive 2.3 and I'm trying to bring it up to Motionbilder 2022, but I can't bring it up with the same message above.
Plug-in installed 4.0.
Is this problem still unresolved???