Ground Plane Calibration Problems

TheMaksiest

Ground Plane Calibration Problems

Post by TheMaksiest »

Hello.

I have a problem, where After calibration I cannot level the ground plane because no Markers are visible in perspective view. At the same time the calibration triangle is visible in every individual camera view.

I have tried calibrating and recalibrating (Wanding), resetting application settings, Masking all visible markers (prior to calibration, to hide all unwanted noise). And outcome is always the same, calibration is excellent, but ground plane cannot be leveled, because no Markers are shown in perspective (3D) view.

My setup is 8 Flex13 cameras in a square (6x6 m) formation (same height of about 3.5 m). Motive 2.2.0. I did not focus the cameras, because they seem to show the markers just fine in they individual views.

Before setting up the cameras to their current locations I tested them in the same square (6x6 m) but at a height of about 1.5 m an calibration worked fine including the ground plane leveling.

Any suggestions and recommendations are welcome.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Ground Plane Calibration Problems

Post by steven.andrews »

Hello TheMaksiest,

Thank you for sharing your calibration problem with the community.

This is rare, but sometimes Motive 2.2 seems to stop reconstructing the 3D data directly after calibration. This can usually be solved by going between Edit and Live mode, or restarting Motive.

Another possibility is that Motive was accidentally set to Active tracking. The Calibration Square cannot be seen in this mode, so you should make sure Motive is set to Passive tracking.

If you would like some help troubleshooting, please feel free to reach out to our support team directly.

Best,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com
TheMaksiest

Re: Ground Plane Calibration Problems

Post by TheMaksiest »

Hello Steven.

Thank you for the swift response.

It was as you said, the Calibration square was not visible because I had switched tracking mode to Active, while tinkering and not knowing what it means. A soon as I switched it back to Passive tracking I could successfully calibrate the ground plane.