Rigid Body marker position editing

TheMaksiest

Rigid Body marker position editing

Post by TheMaksiest »

Hello.

I am trying to modify the pivot point of previously created rigid body so that this pivot point corresponds to the centroid of the flight controller of the UAV to which the markers are attached to.

As I understand Motive positions the pivot point in the center of the space created by the markers. And it can be manually moved via offset.

If I know the distance of the markers to the centroid of my flight controller form CAD model, is it possible to set each marker position relative to the centroid instead of the other way around?
Or is my only option, to create the volume between markers in CAD, find it's centroid, calculate the required offset to the flight controller centroid and apply it in Motive?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Rigid Body marker position editing

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi TheMaksiest,

I believe you can select the rigid body and edit the marker values directly in the Properties pane.

You can also try exporting the rigid body from the Assets pane. The resulting file is in xml format, and you can edit values there.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com
K_McRae

Re: Rigid Body marker position editing

Post by K_McRae »

Hi Steven,

I am trying to create assets from CAD data and wanted to create the XML data for the assets as described in your post above. I exported the *.motive file and then edited the positions and asset colours to create a few objects. It worked perfectly... for a few minutes and then crashed Motive (it runs very stable without these assets).

My question is what is the structure of the asset IDs in side the XML. I assumed it was just a random string for the file, a colon and a random string for the asset, but serval of the end characters are the same on each rigid body (also the characters I indexed up per asset!)

<rigid_body version="1.1" id="5200364ce000a393:db725459a7b911ed">
<rigid_body version="1.1" id="5200364ce000a393:e7633a61a7b911ed">
<rigid_body version="1.1" id="5200364ce000a393:2e8f8c35a7ba11ed">
<rigid_body version="1.1" id="5200364ce000a393:53cbb14a7ba11ed">
<rigid_body version="1.1" id="5200364ce000a393:3cb747caa7c411ed">

Are there settings or meaning to some of the characters in the sting?

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Kenneth