What is the correct way to create custom skeleton templates?

mocapant

What is the correct way to create custom skeleton templates?

Post by mocapant »

Good day,
I want to use Skeleton Template "Core (50") as a base and change markers positions on a head to wear "Headband Marker Set" ( https://optitrack.com/accessories/markers/#mcp1135 ) instead of placing head markers on a Mocap Beanie. Also, I want to place an additional marker on stomach segment because a marker WaistCBack is occluded very often in my mocaps.

The problem is, if I wear my ideal markers configuration - Skeleton does not want to be created in Motive because it requires exactly 50 Markers and now we have 51 Markers total and head markers are located in different places.

Maybe I should place markers on a suit exactly as shown in 3D preview window in Builder pane and only then I can modify markers positions as described in "Adding/Removing Skeleton Markers" section here? https://v23.wiki.optitrack.com/index.ph ... n_Tracking

It would be ideal if I could create my own Skeleton Template from scratch and not being limited to only eight predefined templates in Classic + Entertainment categories.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: What is the correct way to create custom skeleton templates?

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi mocapant,

Thanks for sharing your question with the community.

This is a current limitation in Motive; it is not possible to save custom skeleton marker configurations. We hope to address this in the future to make Motive much more versatile.

In the meantime, the only option is to create a skeleton using the default marker layouts. Afterward, you can add and remove markers to arrange the layout you are hoping for.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com
artoo

Post by artoo »

maybe you allready thought about this (?)

but you could put one or two additional markers strategically next to your waist-c marker,
but not assign them.

just select the other markers to create the skeleton.

when later your waist-c has gaps in the recording, you can use the unabeled markers to help with pattern based fill.

(just be carefull with them, they can introduce confusion with other markers)

greetings!
mocapant

Post by mocapant »

artoo wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:01 am maybe you allready thought about this (?)

but you could put one or two additional markers strategically next to your waist-c marker,
but not assign them.

just select the other markers to create the skeleton.

when later your waist-c has gaps in the recording, you can use the unabeled markers to help with pattern based fill.

(just be carefull with them, they can introduce confusion with other markers)

greetings!
Wow, so smart. Never thought about it :D