Pattern-Based interpolation usage is limited because of 4 min markers requirement

mocapant

Pattern-Based interpolation usage is limited because of 4 min markers requirement

Post by mocapant »

Motive 3 feedback:
I understand that the software requires at least four markers for Pattern-Based Interpolation method to work - 1 marker to be filled-in and 3 reference markers. But it's is very difficult to find 4 markers total that have a similar trajectory. Very often I am in a situation when I have only a single reference marker that has very similar trajectory and if "Pattern-Based" method worked with two markers total (one for target marker, another - as a reference) then this interpolation method will be very useful.
Please consider lowering 4 markers requirement.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Pattern-Based interpolation usage is limited because of 4 min markers requirement

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi mocapant,

We realized how frustrating the pattern fill has become in Motive 3.0 and will be addressing this in Beta 2.

I am not sure if we will be able to perform a pattern fill with just one reference and one fill, but we are at least reducing the minimum reference markers to 2.

If you would like to share more feedback regarding this, please feel free to reach out to us directly.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com