Motive 3.0 beta2 cutting exports short

Bjarke

Motive 3.0 beta2 cutting exports short

Post by Bjarke »

Hi!

I am having an issue where motive 3 seems to be cutting all my exports short by at least 15%, I have tried fbx, bvh and csv so far all have the same issue.

My export settings are set to first frame and last frame, I also tried using the custom options, but that did not help.

I already contacted optitrack support but no answer so far.

Anybody else have issues like this?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Motive 3.0 beta2 cutting exports short

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi Bjarke,

Thank you for sharing your issue with the community. We are based in the Pacific time zone and your inquiry came in overnight.
I have responded to your Support inquiry, and here is a copy of the reply for the benefit of the entire community.

There is a known issue that cropped up in this version of Motive that does prevent the full take range from exporting. Some users have been able to get around this by setting the end frame to something longer than the actual recording, but I am not certain if this works every time.

We are working to fix this in a Beta 3, but that may still be a few weeks out. If Beta 1 runs correctly for you, you may want to downgrade until Beta 3 is released. For your existing Beta 2 recordings, you can try the end frame hack that seems to be working for others.

I am sorry for this major inconvenience; what we thought would be a minor change in Beta 2 actually affected several core functionality in the software.
If you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to our Support team directly.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com
Bjarke

Re: Motive 3.0 beta2 cutting exports short

Post by Bjarke »

Hi!

Thank you for the answer. We will try taking longer captures. Or downgrading

I also found a work around for the captures we already have. We can stream the clean skeleton data to motion builder and record it there. That way we can at least get an FBX with the whole capture. It’s a bit tedious but we will only use it until the update.

Best regards!
Bjarke