Motive marker tracking in 3D

anagysm

Motive marker tracking in 3D

Post by anagysm »

Hi everyone here,

I'm new in Motive and the 3D world also. I would like to track markers in the 3D coordinate systems. Could someone turn me a right direction?
The cameras are not arrived yet so now I can't do real time experiments. I installed the Motive 2.3.0 Final, NatNet 3.1.0 and the latest Camera SDK. I tried to start with the example takes but I'm confused and lost in this world.
In my application I want to watch and measure the deflection of a table with one end fixed. So I will apply some markers onto the table. Should this be treated as a rigid body in the program or can the 3D position of the markers be read out without it? Finally I going to do it with Motive API and Camera SDK.

Any comment appreciated.

Thank you!

Regards,
Attila
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Motive marker tracking in 3D

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi Attila,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. Motion Capture can be a bit daunting if this is your first attempt.

I recommend you start with our quick start guide, as this will walk you through all of the basics.

I hope this helps to get you going. If you run into any specific questions or issues please feel free to reach out to our team directly.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Senior Customer Support Engineer
help.naturalpoint.com
wiki.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com