Visualization on RigidBodies

kromond

Visualization on RigidBodies

Post by kromond »

I have made basic photogrammetry scans of my calibrators and props at real world scale. I can load these into motive 3.0.1 (and other apps) and it's been great. When I load the .obj into Motive and the asset is selected, I can see the texture of my asset. When the asset is not selected, the asset is black, which is unexpected. How can I view the texture when the asset is not selected?
MocapMax

Re: Visualization on RigidBodies

Post by MocapMax »

Did you ever work out a solution to this?

I'm getting the same issue - have tried flipping normals, different material types, alpha on texture, etc. etc. no luck.
MocapMax

Post by MocapMax »

Solved it! Set your color to default lambert input and set ambient color to full white and it displays correctly in Motive.
Davids

Post by Davids »

kromond wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:39 pm I have made basic photogrammetry scans of my calibrators and props at real world scale. I can load these into motive 3.0.1 (and other apps) and it's been great. When I load the .obj into Motive and the asset is selected, I can see the texture of my asset. When the asset is not selected, the asset is black, which is unexpected. How can I view the texture when the asset is not selected?
About the texture issue in Motive, it sounds a bit tricky. Have you checked the shading settings or lighting options? Sometimes adjusting those can affect how textures show up when not selected. Also, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date – that can make a surprising difference. If the problem persists, maybe reach out to Motive's support community or forums? They might have some insights. Happy scanning!..
kromond

Post by kromond »

Davids wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:47 pm maybe reach out to Motive's support community or forums?
Isn't this the community forum? Is there any another?
kromond

Post by kromond »

MocapMax wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:09 pm Solved it! Set your color to default lambert input and set ambient color to full white and it displays correctly in Motive.
Good thinking! Thank you!