Stability of rigid body

ssmith_81

Stability of rigid body

Post by ssmith_81 »

I am currently having issues flying my drone with any stability. Assuming the system is time synced well, the onboard PID controllers are tuned well enough to follow a setpoint, the only other thing I can think of is marker tracking. From the flight logs the drones onboard position matches up with the visual feedback from the mocap so it is almost like the onboard controllers are not working although they do when I use other forms of pose feedback. I eliminated unwanted reflections that turn up by painting clear plastic matte black and used camera filters. It still can't follow a setpoint well at all. One thing I have noticed is I am using medium to small sized markers and they are attached to a guard around the outside that is a little flimsy. So when it takes off this guard vibrates a little bit (not much), would smaller markers that are more sensitive to changes combined with the odd small vibration lead to poor tracking and stability of the rigid body? Would this hurt the drones ability to know where it is at to the point where it is wobbly around a setpoint?
ConradWoods

Re: Stability of rigid body

Post by ConradWoods »

I'm experiencing the same problem! :(
Hi there! :D
RexNash

Re: Stability of rigid body

Post by RexNash »

I'm experiencing the same problem!