Motive Finger Tracking Questions

Jhall

Motive Finger Tracking Questions

Post by Jhall »

I have a general question about finger tracking for 3.0. I'm coming from being on Vicon for a long time and jumped back into Motive at the new studio where I work. I know that Motive 3.0 has Active Marker solutions through either Manus or StretchSense. But are there other active marker solutions to get full fidelity for finger tracking? And is there going to be an update released to allow passive markers to be applied?

I've also been looking at NatNet and curious if that is a potential solution to "create" a custom passive finger tracking markerset?

Thanks!
RaveTZ

Re: Motive Finger Tracking Questions

Post by RaveTZ »

For our studio, we ended up making our own active marker gloves. They work great. Grab some active LEDs, battery, wireless active marker board, and the wireless sync box from OptiTrack.
IMG_8116 (Small).jpg
IMG_8116 (Small).jpg (140.26 KiB) Viewed 988 times
Jhall

Post by Jhall »

RaveTZ wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:57 am For our studio, we ended up making our own active marker gloves. They work great. Grab some active LEDs, battery, wireless active marker board, and the wireless sync box from OptiTrack.

IMG_8116 (Small).jpg
Awesome! Did you have to develop an SDK for them or did 3.0 just automatically track them?
Jhall

Post by Jhall »

@RaveTZ how did you bypass the Actie BaseStation setup to use your own third party gloves?