Motive RB marker Auto Label

Exponential

Motive RB marker Auto Label

Post by Exponential »

Motive always assigns new ID to the markers of RB. How do we configure markers so that every time it get assigned to same ID ?
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Motive RB marker Auto Label

Post by steven.andrews »

Hi Exponential,

When a rigid body is used to autolabel the markers, the IDs should remain consistent.

Have you made sure the rigid body marker pattern is unique, and not symmetric?
Rigid Body Guide

If you continue to struggle, please reach out to our support team for assistance.

Thanks,
Steven
---
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Director, Support Engineering
help.naturalpoint.com
docs.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com
Exponential

Post by Exponential »

"When a rigid body is used to autolabel the markers, the IDs should remain consistent." - This is correct in same session. If I close Motive and reopen again. Same Rigid Body markers are auto labelled to new ID.

My question is : For same rigid body how do I assign my own desired marker id which will persist across Motive sessions.
steven.andrews
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by steven.andrews »

Thanks Exponential,

If you are using the same rigid body between sessions, rather than recreating it each session, then the IDs should be the same. That is assuming the rigid body is not symmetric, in which case it might be identified differently each time.

The rigid body should be retained between sessions unless you delete it.
You can reuse a rigid body by exporting it from the Assets pane. That will give you a backup that, when loaded, should track the rigid body in the same way as before.

In Motive 3.0 it is possible to give the rigid body markers custom names. You can change the names in the Constraints pane. Once changed, you can export the rigid body from the Assets pane to backup these changes.

Cheers,
Steven
--
Steven Andrews
OptiTrack | Sr. Director, Support Engineering
help.naturalpoint.com
docs.optitrack.com
support@optitrack.com