Battlefield Vietnam - heli?

mbst

Battlefield Vietnam - heli?

Post by mbst »

I know this has been asked before, but I'm curious to see if you have made any progress since last time.

The question is whether Trackir Enhanced mode has been implemented in the Battlefield Vietnam cocpit views, or if this is something you are interested in working on.
Not only would it be insanely cool and awe-inspiring among friends, it would also increase my precision hovering capabilities dramatically. (Thus further add to the awe+friends thing )

If not, does anyone know how to do an okay work-around?

Thanks!
Wayne

Re: Battlefield Vietnam - heli?

Post by Wayne »

mbst,

There is not a lot that we are able to say about the Battlefield series, however I can say that this is being looked at.

Just be patient.
camiloteram

Post by camiloteram »

well i actually found a sinple way to make this happen.
first u bind the look key (shift) to one of the joysticks buttons and then u turn on trackir on mouse mode when ever looking around inside the cockpit or in the car.
this cannot be done if the mouse is being used to control the vehical.
what do u think
mbst

Post by mbst »

That's not a too bad idea, only problem being that the joystick is disabled by the game while mouselook is on.
And also, one would have to enable/disable the TIR mouse emulation mode whenever one got in and out of the aircraft.

Anyway -- thanks for trying to help out!
Hotdognz

Post by Hotdognz »

It really is the most stupidest imlementaion by the BF Vietnam developers to disable the joystck while using the mouse to look around, I cant belive what possed them to think of doing that. Its a pity really