HALFLIFE2

awz10

Re: HALFLIFE2

Post by awz10 »

Same here, would love to beta test. How do we sign up?
pepper

Post by pepper »

Interesting!

This should be the base for spirit for half-life 2. If i can motivate the community to move on. But then again the source engine is very new and wiht spirit there isnt much to improve yet, you already have full control about the entinity's so that wouldnt be so easy to form a base for.

How are you going to call this mod? Any website up yet?
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

To become a beta tester, you'll want to email us information about yourself at : sales at naturalpoint.com (we'll want to know why you're qualified, what your commitment level is, etc.).

If you're interested is HL2, rest assured that we'll be discussing this game's TrackIR mod here in the forums soon.

[ April 07, 2005, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint-Warren ]
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Orbtech, i haven't had time to sort out all the control schemes that were suggested here (i read them when they were posted, but now i can't remember them all). but i will map them all out soon. An explanation of the controls, console settings, and profiles will be included with the mod when we release it. At that time, i look forward to further discussing it all here.

Pepper, this mod only offers a different way to play the single player game (no story variations or new guns, etc.).
Hopefully we can offer up a run through of what we did in our mod, so that your friends can incorporate it easily into their mods (and thus spread TrackIR like wildfire!)
gaillard

Post by gaillard »

what about doom 3/RoE? after all... it's the best engine, how impressive would it be to have such a feature AND that engine?
pepper

Post by pepper »

Its a horrible engine, it doesnt even run on your computers unsless you got a super computer.
orbtechsims

Post by orbtechsims »

I agree, Doom 3 does take way too much power play reasonably. This is a Half-Life 2 forum, lets not get too far off track, we haven't even seen what NP has done to HL2 yet. Maybe Doom 3 would be a future game, but for now let�s stick to Half-Life 2.

[ April 12, 2005, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: orbtechsims ]
Barred

Post by Barred »

Warren how about HalfLife 2.6

[ April 12, 2005, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Barred ]
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

-I'm also pushing for doom3, because i'm a big fan (what can i say, we have some super computers).
Once we agree on the best way to approach FPS implementation, we will do our best to offer all the tools up to the mod communities for all FPS engines.

-Since this HL2 mod will likely be the first example of 6DOF control in a FPS, we are devoted to getting it right.
I'm planning to work out all the control schemes mentioned in this thread, to make sure they are each brought to the attention of our mod maker.
I'll post feedback on them, here in this thread, later.

-We're currently calling the mod "TrackIR Mod" (again, it is about adding 6DOF TrackIR functionality. nothing else).
The current plan is to create a mini games page for single player HL2, that will feature this mod for download.

-Pepper, what is this "spirit for half-life 2" that you are referring to? a popular upcoming mod? can you give me some links?

* edit *
ok, i've been snooping around. found the "spirit of half-life" mod here : http://spirit.valve-erc.com/
this does sound cool (series of general improvements on the original half-life engine) and i will try to contact them about implementing TrackIR once we've hashed out our official approach.

[ April 12, 2005, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint-Warren ]
orbtechsims

Post by orbtechsims »

Hey Warren, haven't heard much for a week or so, are you still shooting for a playable demo of HL2 for the end of the month? I�m very excited to see what you have done, hopefully everything is going well and all the 6DOF controls requested will be included?