Please - W.O.W (world of warcraft)

droz

Re: Please - W.O.W (world of warcraft)

Post by droz »

No offense, I had WoW, but theres no benefit for using TIR over the mouse in this case. It's not an FPS and no Vehicles. Just a guy running around. Whtehr you use your mouse or TIR for this game will make no difference as you still have to depress a mouse button and keep it down to use mouse look.

Sorry, I have to agree with Warren. There is very little to no use for TIR in WOW.
Barred

Post by Barred »

No offence taken droz. As you say you have to hold right the mouse button down to activate mouse look.

As you say there is no advantage, we are not talking about having an advantage you could IF you are being pedantic say the same about any game that has a mouse look of any kind. Including IL2/PF or any flight sim for that matter.

What we are talking about is purley immersion. As a LOT of time can be spent in WoW, some of us would like to look at the sceenary and not just rushing from mission to mission.

Also if it was possible to link TIR to WoW, think of the potential audience that is being exposed to TIR. WoW is going to be (if it is not allready) one of the biggest games let alone a MMORPG and the linking of TIR would be beneficial all round because TIR is shown to people that have not heard of it or thought it is a gimick. WoW would atract people that have handicaps that could not affird SmartNAV.

I see it as a win win situation for all envovled for little developement.

Peace.
masje

Post by masje »

indeed it would be great to have the ability
too look around with out depressing the right mouse button.

if it's made to work i could mean a huge
client base.

it's totally about the immersion. if u can look around with your head.
Quidam

Post by Quidam »

I play WoW a great deal, and while I don't own a tracker now, I'm considering it. And I would definitely use it in WoW.

There is an UI mod in the Cosmos distro that allows you to hit a key to toggle mouselook, resolving the "you have to hold down a mouse button" issues you mention.

If mouselook is turned off, however, there are times when I'm running along and if I press and hold the left mouse button, the point of view shifts around without changing the characters physical orientation. I could easily see this as being very useful to watch things going by while dealing with the considerable amount of travel time in MMORPG's.

With the amazing success of WoW and MMORPG's in general, finding a way to significantly enhance the play experience through the use of your device seems like quite a desireable goal.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

good points.
i will go ahead and push for it.

but, i am in the minority. The majority of people in our company think TrackIR is best suited to more hardcore simulations.

So, if anyone else is interested in using TrackIR to control their view in a MMOG (W.o.W. or otherwise), or some other genre, please post here.

thanks all
Master

Post by Master »

I think it would make a great addition to WoW but only if we can get native support so we can look and move our mouse at the same time. Otherwise it isnt much help. That game is VERY mouse oriented.
iacob

Post by iacob »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint-Warren:
good points.
i will go ahead and push for it.

but, i am in the minority. The majority of people in our company think TrackIR is best suited to more hardcore simulations.

So, if anyone else is interested in using TrackIR to control their view in a MMOG (W.o.W. or otherwise), or some other genre, please post here.

thanks allI would love to use TIR in WoW, and although the char in wow is a viacle, you move him around as if he was, and you would definitly get a better gaming experience using TIR and e better feel of the game. For instance when you sneek around using a rogue char you are tromensly healped by keeping track off monsters at your side or behind you so they do not come too close and see you.

Also if you can move from a top perspective such as In diablo and instead fully use the firstperson view this would improve game feel alot.

And I do not understand the resistance for this at naturalpoint, I know that there are alot of people doing this kind of games that would love your product if it worked 4 them also.

/Jacob
Vanis

Post by Vanis »

Let me find out.. is this similar to the feature in DAOC that allowed you to toggle "mouselook" off or on so that the pointer would be toggled by CTRL so you could move around freely with the mouse while panning the camera with whatever button you set camera pan to?

Something like this would be great. Does anyone have a clue why Blizzard hasn't added this as a standard feature?
masje

Post by masje »

i for one would love to see it happen
that u can look around with the tracker
in wow.

while fighting and traveling. which happen a lot
it would be good if u can look at the sides easier.

try playing wow a couple of hours.
u see that u pan around a lot with the mouse.
Daniel Ahlin

Post by Daniel Ahlin »

Im a new TIR user and I bought it for simulations. When my wife saw me racing with TIR she said , "I want one of those". I hade to make her dissapointed because she only plays WOW and theres no TIR support.