Please - W.O.W (world of warcraft)

piln

Re: Please - W.O.W (world of warcraft)

Post by piln »

OK, I'm still not sure about how it works (don't have my TrackIR yet, would be grateful if someone could help me out with a couple of queries in this thread), but I might have a useful suggestion here:

Using TIR2Joy, you can use the TrackIR as a joystick in any game, right? If so, you could then use something like Pinnacle Game Profiler to map mouse movement to the joystick inputs. I've tried Pinnacle and it's very comprehensive, works pretty well, and I'm sure there are other examples out there too.

As far as holding the RMB goes, I don't know - maybe there's something in Pinnacle that can send a constant mouse-button input... I don't know.

[ January 29, 2006, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: piln ]
Perk

Post by Perk »

What I'm really waiting for is the ability to move PoV independent of movement direction and aimpoint in first person games. Ie move your head around.

While this is probably silly for most of today's FPS games, it actually makes a lot of sense for the more realistic games (think Red Orchestra or Armed Assault)

The first step though has to be getting support put in for the various FPS games that DO have vehicles - both to raise awareness and to put forth the idea of independent view control.

Red Orchestra strikes me as the most feasible simply because the Devs are a small team that are extremely intertwined with the RO community... more to the point they're following a non-traditional development and publishing path and aren't under the pressures of a normal development house.

I also think that ET:Quake Wars is another strong possibility - The screenshot I posted in another thread should show you why =)

Heh - send a free Track IR to John Carmack =P
ahunter

Post by ahunter »

I could see track IR helping in wow if you could tie it to the camera in 3rd-person view. Zoom, rotation, and elevation would all be useful there. This would be useful for situational awareness in pvp and raids.

Using it for motion- I'm not sure it is precise enough. I use right-click turns for jump-spin attacks (run your character in one direction, jump, turn 180 degrees, fire an instant attack, turn 180 degrees and land with full accelleration in the proper direction intact), and for circling opponents. Every radian of control is useful in those tasks, and I think that a mouse may serve you best for it.

If the camera were independent of character movement, I think using Track IR to control the camera would be fantastic, but I am afraid with character position linked to the camera as it is, it might be two confusing having the camera responding two 2 separate simultaneous input devices.
jamesstove

Post by jamesstove »

i am currently use Razer Naga Trinity Gaming Mouse .This Razer Naga Trinity is a universal Gaming Mouse, this best mouse deliver the little latency that you can imagine from the wired mouse. Generally It supports Razor Synapse 3 which allow the user to find game-winning flexibility and advanced customization. The incredible thing about this mouse is that it supports up to 50-millions clicks and backed by a 2-year warranty.