BF2

VincentG

Re: BF2

Post by VincentG »

Dear jedimindtriks,

It works in BF2, as in any other game with mouse look. You will have to do some sensitivity adjustment to get it to work the way that feels most comfortable to you.
dDub

Post by dDub »

while it does work rather well once set up, the one problem is that while holding the 'mouse-look' button to implement trackIR usage, vehicle control is lost... not ideal, but it works
Spearhead

Post by Spearhead »

Well I will be attending this year's Games Convention (GC) in Leipzig. I will be taking a look at different games and see if anyone is planning TrackIR Support. Maybe I will try to spark attention if I see a particularly suitable title.

As for BF2. If I happen to meet someone carrying some type of responsibility at EA or DICE I will ask them about the Problem with the Mouselook and the TrackIR implementation.

Don't expect anything dramatic. If there is anything worth writing down I will post it in the Forums.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Let us know your results.
MCPony

Post by MCPony »

Would it be possible/difficult to create a mod that would enable trackIR for use in single player?

I'd be happy with that
Spearhead

Post by Spearhead »

No (good) news for BF players. I did not get any useful information at the GC except that BF2142 will in all likelihood have the same problems you already know from BF2. Details are in the Crysis thread.
Bran

Post by Bran »

BF2 V1.40 & TrackIR support?
Just tested = No Go
Calibre

Post by Calibre »

Is there anyway to set up a hotkey to turn mouse emulation on/off while playing BF2 - it's fine when you're in an aircraft but kinda sux if you're on the ground..
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Calibre,
the "pause" hotkey should suit your needs here. it will pause all trackir function until hit again.
Calibre

Post by Calibre »

Back again!!

i've just seen this video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nElijjwP2L0

Now as you can see this is BF2 with 6 dof , it's not using mouse emulation! in that video.

Oh please tell us how you did this! or is there some file from the demo download that can be added to the release version? what's the secret! failing that would it be possible for the Devs of the Reality mod for BF2 to make the jets work like in that video?

all the best