BF2

sereupin

Re: BF2

Post by sereupin »

Hello Sir, i am sorry if i write here again the same argument, but today I bought your product ... a lot of money and it's ok.. now It is your turn to show how much you consider your customers satisfaction.. ;)
I would like your full support for to implement finally in the new patch 1.50 the TrackIR4 ....I really can't understand why EA games doesn't work on this.. is it so complicated to enable TrackIR in BF2 ?! :confused:

i am sure that you already know how many players have your product and, how many more player will buy your wonderful product if you will finally succed to have official EA support in battlefield 2...

Don't undervalue all these people, please...

your item is wonderful.. battlefield 2 is beautiful game ... now we can improve a lot the result :)

Me and many player from Italy, we are waiting for this...

Thanks!

Paolo
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for joining the TrackIR community. Welcome! We very much appreciate all of our users, and many have requested support in the wonderful Battlefield franchise. We're very aware of both the demand for TrackIR support in the game and the reason for that demand: the fit would be tremendous!

I've actually been very hard at work in discussions with Dice and EA on this front. Nothing is finalized, but they are definitely aware of how TrackIR can be used in their games. Both EA and Dice are now very familiar with both TrackIR and NaturalPoint.

Currently, we are just waiting to see if they decide to incorporate our technology. If we aren't in a game that you'd like us to be in, it's not because we don't want to satisfy our customers. If it was up to us, we'd be in every game you ask for! But, ultimately, it is up to the game developer to decide to incorporate TrackIR. I work on a daily basis making sure developers of all the top games are aware of both our technology and the committed and fantastic community of users that use TrackIR. It's up to the developer to take advantage of both!

Let me know if there are any other games you'd like TrackIR to be in. You can be pretty sure that we're already pursuing support in them, but we're always open to suggestions!
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Bran

Post by Bran »

FYI: Beta-patch release is nearing. No details yet about the features/changes.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/batt ... ost6113765

cheers
Bran
shadyzee

Post by shadyzee »

i see last response on this was before near 5 months now , any updated regards BF2 !!! hope so
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

You can find some discussion on the Battlefield situation here:

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post34541
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Leyeti77

Post by Leyeti77 »

Hello Seth,

I playing BF2 since it's out (more than 3 years) and I would buy your product if supported by BF2.

I hope you'll succeed in deciding DICE people to include the support of your technology as it's really fantastic.

Unfortunately, my feeling about DICE is....no so good : They advise the BF2 community about the patch on last August (maybe before). In November the told us, that the release was planned "before christmas"
We are in March, and nothing, even a word to apologize.

Keep going.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Leyeti,

As I mentioned in the thread linked above, Dice will not be integrating TrackIR into Battlefield 2 or 2142. After several years of updates, the code is just too large and inflexible to integrate TrackIR this far after release. However, after working with Dice for quite some time, I do believe that they see how TrackIR can improve immersion and control in their games.

The best bet now is to hope for a new title to come out that can have TrackIR integrated from the beginning. I will be communicating with Dice about this, but as always, you are welcome to contact them on their forums and request support for TrackIR in future Battlefield games.

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack