Golf simulators and track ir

oqvist

Golf simulators and track ir

Post by oqvist »

This is an idea I came up for after playing and gotten totally hooked on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004.

I really hope naturalpoint really are advertizing the benefits of trackIR to EA or whatever game companies that develope golf sims.

Because I think it would make for incredible opportunities but it�s not the most obvious game genre for TrackIR

What about having an option to let us golfers actually walk our way around the course following our own shots? Great way to let you get more personal with the courses and increase the immerson factor. TrackIR would definiatly help there and also in your stance away with that 3rd person standard view and instead play from the exactly same viewpoint as you do in real life meaning you have your eyes above the ball. This would be particularly useful while chipping and putting where it would actually make the game easier as well as walk around the hole to read the putting line .

Would really be the last step to total simulation of the real deal . And for the record Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 is really as real as it gets without TrackIR
warrenEBB

Re: Golf simulators and track ir

Post by warrenEBB »

very cool idea.
what is the most hard core golf sim on the market today?
oqvist

Re: Golf simulators and track ir

Post by oqvist »

Tiger Woods PGA Tour series seem to have killed all competition sadly.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005 is the latest. However it�s quite similar to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 in how it plays in the simulation mode. But it�s ball physics are great as well as the mouse swing.

Also it�s multiformat but thankfully they have different teams working on the console and PC format . And simulation mode in expert or advanced mode is about as realistic it can be without TrackIR lol.

[ March 16, 2005, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: oqvist ]