Use TrackIR for remote control?

r_stich

Use TrackIR for remote control?

Post by r_stich »

For all that time when the hat is on the hatstand but the alien head is on top of the monitor...

has anyone at Natural Point considered incorporating remote control IR recieving software with the product? or does it work on a completely different frequency?
warrenEBB

Re: Use TrackIR for remote control?

Post by warrenEBB »

For uses other than PC Game Control (TrackIR) and Complete Computer Control (SmartNAV), we offer the OptiTrack product line (it comes with a software development kit, so people can design their own uses).

I think your idea could relate to OptiTrack and/or SmartNAV. So I'll run it by the product managers for each of these product lines. I do not know if it has been considered before, but it will definitely be considered now!

Thanks Stickshift.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hello:

All our products work on a different "frequency" than remote controls, they operate at 44khz, we are at 120Hz. But, hey, if you can come up with something to do with the device when not in use I am all ears!
r_stich

Post by r_stich »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Jim:
Hello:

All our products work on a different "frequency" than remote controls, they operate at 44khz, we are at 120Hz. But, hey, if you can come up with something to do with the device when not in use I am all ears!hmmm... 120Hz....
keep the bats away?