TrackIR Support - List of Requested Games

MCPony

Re: TrackIR Support - List of Requested Games

Post by MCPony »

BF2 - Single Player Mod

Hi

As we all know BF2 is a major problem. I, among others, spents hundreds on TrackIR to use it with BF2.

Getting the developers support is not going to happen. Its been just over 19 months since the BF2 thread began and the door is continually slammed in our face by EA.

I know its not the fault of the developers but can't you guys just create a single player mod which will allow us to use the system. It doesnt matter if it won't work online, just give us something.
DxyFlyr

Post by DxyFlyr »

There is a promising looking rail sim under development by kuju that I'd love to see Track IR support in. I hope these guys would be receptive. The development shots of some of the cabs look fantastic.

Rail Simulator Web Site

-dxy
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

We are currently discussing Rail Simulation with KUJU.
Jabberwock

Post by Jabberwock »

War Rock
http://www.warrock.net/

It is a game similar to BF2, it also has vehicles (tanks, helicopters, planes) and emplacements (guns), so TIR would be useful in that too.
piln

Post by piln »

I'd like to suggest Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway, although I'm aware that game is quite far on in development and maybe too late... but if that's the case I'd like to voice my support for the ongoing Brothers In Arms series. The ability to quickly and intuitively poke your head over or around cover, watch your flanks, see if enemies are suppressed and check on your teams would fit right in with this game's tactics and show off TrackIR as a practical tool as well as a cool gadget. You could even look around while suppressing an enemy - give orders on your flanks without having to re-orient your body and gun. That would be excellent.

http://brothersinarmsgame.uk.ubi.com/hellshighway/

(360 owners, there's an excellent gameplay demonstration video on Xbox Live now)

And my second suggestion for this post is Colin McCrae: DIRT. Don't think that one needs any explanation.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/826/826335.html

I'd like to see support in some of the more arcadey racers, as it seems to be only 'serious' or realistic racers so far. TrackIR would have been absolutely incredible in Need For Speed: Most Wanted, being able to see the cop cars' movement all around you would be a genuine plus.
dwringer

Post by dwringer »

it seems to me that building support for world of warcraft couldn't be very difficult on either end. the game already allows you to look around with the mouse independent of your character's movement if you hold down a button. seems like this would be a cakewalk from a coding perspective.

as for battlefield 2, i think i heard that the Point of Existence mod plans to implement mouselook on their cockpits, seems like that'd be fairly simple to get trackir working with. regular bf2 probably wouldn't be much tougher.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delay (Lots of good things going on in the game development zone. incredibly busy).

Jabberwock,
- I pitched the War Rock devs after discovering them at E3'06, but haven't heard back yet. Some business associates of ours from their neck of the woods is still pursuing.

Piln,
- We are already in touch with the devs for Brother's in Arms, and Colin McRae. More on this as it develops (too soon to promise anything).
- We haven't contacted NeedForSpeed devs yet. But i'll make a note to give it a shot, since you mention.

We would also like to see support in more arcadey racers, but it's very tough to get those developers excited, as they're focused on simple-controls and fun for a broad audience (on mostly non-PC platforms), which makes immersion/realism less of a priority for them. We are definitely still pursuing new genres for TrackIR, but we have to be careful to keep simulations our top priority (as the majority of the sim audience deeply appreciates what TrackIR adds to their experience).

Darren,
- WoW and BF2 are actually tough games for us to do anything for, on our end. For example, in WoW we tried to make an app that switched back and forth between mouse look and mouse control, so TrackIR could get in there, but it didn't work out due to how they send data to central servers (there was a frustrating delay in the switchover). Some Blizzard guys actually stopped by our booth at GDC'06 and said they thought the tech very cool, but when i tried to give them devices and talk about support they just weren't remotely interested.

In general, games that are massively multiplayer are only likely to have support if the devs get on board. and both of these games are so huge that supporting new control inputs is a low priority for them. Also, adding anything new that might increase the network traffic (and thus slow down the experience when a bunch of people gather in one place), is a major concern for MMOGs.

We are pursuing though, and will report back when things move forward.
crdreamcat

Post by crdreamcat »

All of the X Universe games - X, X2, and X3. X3 is huge...
BlueUK

Post by BlueUK »

GRAW (PC version)has to be a natural inclusion for getting Track ir 4 pro support included in the game . Once a game has been released can support for the tracker be added later ??
spiffy

Post by spiffy »

StarShatter: The Gathering Storm -- I know it has its' own thread, but seeing as there hasn't been too much progress in getting TrackIR 4 pro to work, I thought I'd mention it again