TrackIR Support - List of Requested Games

wenkman

Re: TrackIR Support - List of Requested Games

Post by wenkman »

Crimson Skies (Pc version) from Microsoft !!!

This is a dogfighting game which absolutely needs situatu�onal awareness by TrackIR !!!
Deckard

Post by Deckard »

+ 1 more would love to enable head tracking over the 3 screen setup
jazzyrider

Post by jazzyrider »

Is World in Conflict supported? Also, is there an updated list from the NaturalPoint main page? I see a supported list but I know its not exhaustive and was wondering if there was an easier way of listing games that are supported vs. that are not supported and those that are "in the works", ie future support.

thanks!
Osteo

Post by Osteo »

I hope I didn't miss this as being mentioned already, but with the demo of COD4 out, could we add COD4 to the list? It already has built in mouse view and separate look commands...

Edit: oh, as this title will be mod-able perhaps this is a way to get support into COD4!
Thamnophis

Post by Thamnophis »

Just want to mention World of Warcraft once more.

As they are working on a major AddOn at the moment, it could be the right time to "say hello" again.

In Wow, as in many other games with persistant worlds, the TrackIR would make the "feeling" of beeing in the game a lot more realistic.
And sometimes it would be a benefit, beeing able to take a quick look around without moving the mouse, especially when playing high level instances like Kharazan.

I will also try to arrange some action in the blizzard forums, so they see people are interested in support of TrackIR ;-))

Excuse my poor english, quite a while since i wrote in english last time...

Oli
smendric

Post by smendric »

request for game CRYSIS
THM655321

Post by THM655321 »

Request for TrackIR support in the upcoming racing simulation by iRacing.

See http://www.iracing.com/index.htm
Catch22

Post by Catch22 »

[color:#FF0000]Ground Branch[/color] - from BlackFoot Studios

I think we might have a good chance with this one. :)

BlackFoot Studios is a small developer that is in the early stages of creating it's premiere title GROUND BRANCH. The emphasis of this game is on realism and innovative gameplay. The game is still very early in developement (FAQ states planned release "Holiday" 2008). Based on what I've gathered from Dev posts, it sounds like it's going to be a very interesting title.

I'm really hoping we can get FULL TrackIR functionality in this game, like we've got in ArmA. I've gotten so used to that kind of view freedom I don't want to give it up for this game. :(
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Just got TIR4 with clip today and I'm loving it!

But we need more support in tactical shooters:

Rainbow Six Vegas 2
http://rainbowsixgame.uk.ubi.com/home.php
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Hi all,
sorry for my delayed replies. I'll address each note in turn:

Cyberjudas - Everquest 2
Can you send me a link to your forum thread?
The point of my post (which you quoted) is that we can't add TrackIR support without the cooporation of the game developer. We need them to either insert our tiny support code in the game, or to make headtracking options which we can tie into (through mouse or joystick emulation).

JHP, Thamnophis - WOW
we totally want to be in WoW. but they've had such success that it's hard to get them on the phone. Our best bet is if the community genuinely demands TrackIR support en masse. With the community already demanding so much from them, they have little incentive to gamble on supporting a new premium input device like TrackIR.

Also, Thamnophis, please let us know if you arrange any action in the forums.

Deckard - 3 monitor (Matrox's TripleHead2Go, yes?)
This already works, sir. Problems?

Jazzyrider- World in Conflict
This title is not supported, and I am not yet in touch with the developers (Massive). But we will endeavor to get their attention. RTS in general is a tough sell for TrackIR, simply because it's never been done. Hopefully this can also be an enticing reason to do it, since TrackIR's user base just keeps on growing.

Osteo - COD4
We'd love to be in there as well, but have nothing to report yet. I haven't been able to establish contact.

luciano - Crysis
Sorry sir, this is highly unlikely (details may be hidden away in an old thread). We have talked to a team working on a big mod for Crysis, so that is our only chance for this one.

THM655321 - iRacing
There is a very good chance of this, sir. :)

Maarten - Rainbow Six Vegas 2
We'll try, but haven't yet established contact with these devs. It'd be unfair of me to guess how it will go, not having felt out the developers, but with other titles arguably similar to this one, we've found it tough to secure support - since we don't yet have an Xbox360 version of TrackIR. Still, it will likely be a huge tactical shooter, so we will do our best!