USB keyboard compatability

tootired76

USB keyboard compatability

Post by tootired76 »

Hello, All!
I could not get my Trackir to work. It seemed it was having issues with my Logitech USB keyboard. The green light on the camera would come on, I'd get no head movement on the screen and the keyboard would lock up. I got out my old PS/2 type keyboard and it works just just fine with it. Does/did anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?
tootired
MikeWitham

Re: USB keyboard compatability

Post by MikeWitham »

tootired76,

I haven't heard of any Logitech specific driver issues in a long time. I have multiple machines using TrackIR and Logitech USB devices. Both wired and wireless. Have you looked for any updated drivers for the Logitech device? I would also make sure that your motherboard has the most recently updated BIOS and Drivers installed. What version of the TrackIR software are you using?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
tootired76

Post by tootired76 »

Thank you! I'll give all of your advice a try!
tootired
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

tootired76,

Please let me know the result. I will cross my fingers for you!

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
erbkaiser

Post by erbkaiser »

For the record, I am also using a Logitech keyboard with the Logitech Gaming Software 8.57.145 (latest as of this post), and have encountered no issues with TrackIR5.

I even use one of the programmable keys on my keyboard to do the Centre the view, without issues.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Thanks for the input! I hope the original poster resolved the issue.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
tootired76

Post by tootired76 »

I checked and my Logitech drivers and BIOS are currently up to date. I'm running Win 7 for an OS. I got used to using the old PS/2 keyboard and had not bothered to check my USB keyboard again until now. The version I believe I'm using is Trackir 5.2.0.200. I tried again to use my USB keyboard today and it immediately locked up the Trackir program and the keyboard. Thanks in advance for any help.
tootired
tootired76

Post by tootired76 »

Addendum to my last post: I forgot to mention that I'm also using a Logitech wireless mouse which the receiver is plugged into a USB port. It will continue to work when keyboard is locked up. Also, after I turn off the Trackir program, the keyboard remains locked up until reboot. Again, thanks for the help.
tootired
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

tootired76,

Have you tried running an older version of the TrackIR software just to eliminate that as a possibility? I have a Logitech Keyboard and Mouse at work and don't have any problems. I also have Logitech products at home including Keyboard, Mouse and Headphones. I don't have any interference on any of my machines.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
tootired76

Post by tootired76 »

I just got done trying version 4.2.039 and the same thing happens. The problem seems to be my machine. I have a Gigabyte motherboard, if this helps to narrow things down.
tootired