USB keyboard compatability

MikeWitham

Re: USB keyboard compatability

Post by MikeWitham »

tootired,

Have you tried updating all your motherboard drivers? What about the BIOS, is it up to date?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
tootired76

Post by tootired76 »

I do have a Saitek X45 USB! Is this what is causing my conflict? I don't mind using my old keyboard. It is grey and dirty and don't look good with the black the rest of my machine is.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

tootired76,

It could be your keyboard, Saitek drivers don't always play nice with non-Saitek peripherals. Test it out and let me know the results.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
tootired76

Post by tootired76 »

Tried finding new drivers for the X45, but it appears not to be supported by Saitek anymore. The newest 2nd party drivers are from 2010, which I'm sure I downloaded after building my new computer in 2012. So I ordered a whole new flight control system. One of the reviewers of this system said to get a powered USB hub for it. Got me thinking that maybe this could also solve my original issues. How much power does the tracking hardware draw? Perhaps between the X45 and the tracking camera they use up all my computer's USB juice, locking out the USB keyboard? I do know that in a couple of weeks I shall find out and let you know!
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

tootired76,

The power draw is minimal, but I don't have the exact number in front of me. I'm interested to know what happens when you get everything set up.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
tootired76

Post by tootired76 »

I shall certainly get back to you when I do! First thing I will try is the Saitek x45 with the powered USB hub WITH Trackir v5. Then I will let you know how it goes with my new Saitek x55 Rhino with Saitek Pro Pilot rudder pedals. (BTW, I cleaned up the PS2 keyboard so now I can see the keys!! :mrgreen: )
tootired76

Post by tootired76 »

Got the powered USB hub and plugged the Saitek X45 into it. I then plugged my USB keyboard in and booted my computer. Problem solved! Trackir and the USB keyboard no longer lock up. That simple! :)