TrackIr Newbie

srayner

TrackIr Newbie

Post by srayner »

Greetings,
I am just now trying to get up to speed on DCS and Falcon 4.32. I received yesterday a new TrackIR 5.
After downloading and installing the software and before changing anything in the software, I find that when facing the camera and holding very still, that the device will not stop jumping around. Pressing F12 will center the device on the grid but it immediately starts jumping violently once again.
I feel like this may indicate a faulty unit.
Has anyone experienced this? I don't know where to start with making this device work and I find the downloadable manual lacking for someone like me. Any help would be appreciated.
I videoed the screen display when this is happening if would help anyone diagnose what is happening,
Also, there is no back lighting and it is not plugged into a USB hub,
Thanks,
Steve
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIr Newbie

Post by MikeWitham »

Steve,

If you could load the video that you took it would be helpful.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
srayner

Post by srayner »

Well, I have been unable to pursue things with TrackIR and flight simming in general. Now, I am trying to get back up to speed so I need to say that have made a lot of progress on my own so thanks for all of your help thus far. I am now getting into new questions but I will look in other areas of the forum to see if my issues are addressed or make new post in an appropriate area.
Thanks
Tansu

Post by Tansu »

Hi,

srayner I am experiencing the exact same problem.

How did you solve it. Is my unit broken or are there some settings I have missed?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Tansu,

There was a few settings that I changed. Could you go into the camera view and tell me how many objects the software says it is tracking?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Tansu

Post by Tansu »

Hi Mike,

I will check this and report back here.

Thanks.