TrackIR and Big Screen TV's

Metabo

TrackIR and Big Screen TV's

Post by Metabo »

I like many others, am using a 60 inch 4K TV as my gaming monitor. The problem this poses for TrackIR is the positioning of the camera. On top of the TV is to high and your movements are not interpreted correctly. Setting the camera below the TV poses the same problem. I found that mounting the camera behind me eliminates this problem. The camera can be mounted head height and center of the clip or pro-clip. While using the clip the camera does pick up some feed back from the TV screen, but this does not appear to cause a problem. The use of the Pro-clip has no feed back light from the TV screen at all. I hope this information helps other 'Big Screen' users.

Cheers,
Metabo
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR and Big Screen TV's

Post by MikeWitham »

Metabo,

This is the exact suggestion I give when people call in about this, it is also really helpful when dealing with projectors or other custom set ups.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
DRDoghouse1968

Post by DRDoghouse1968 »

Hi im having a heck of a time figuring out proper camera placement. Im using a 4k lg 50" and its positioned about head height when im sitting in my NLRacing gt ultimate cockpit. When you say placing the camera behind you, if possible can you please explain in more detail . How does the irpro see the camera. Sorry if i seem like a beginner.
Frustrated
Hekkori

Post by Hekkori »

DRDoghouse1968 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:20 pm Hi im having a heck of a time figuring out proper camera placement. Im using a 4k lg 50" and its positioned about head height when im sitting in my NLRacing gt ultimate cockpit. When you say placing the camera behind you, if possible can you please explain in more detail . How does the irpro see the camera. Sorry if i seem like a beginner.
Frustrated

Did you manage to fix it? I am kind of having the same issue right now. Trying to figure it out before tomorrow as I am in my real estate in Cyprus and tomorrow I have so many things to do. But I would love to have a solution now.
Last edited by jillian.smythe on Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing unapproved link
Adapt73

Post by Adapt73 »

I just got my track IR5 yesterday, I'll be hooking mine up to game on a 80-in TV. I was wondering how I'd make it work myself. After reading the ops post of putting the track IR behind you. That would lead me to believe that we would install our track clip so the LEDs are stickers are at the back of our head facing the camera. I'd imagine we also need to invert some settings, since the default is face forward. That's what I'm going to try. I've used a homemade setting and other freeware programs for years. I've always wanted the natural point track IR5. It never occurred to me to try it backwards. also never occurred to me to try it on an 80-in screen.
MiGMan_FSM

Post by MiGMan_FSM »

I'm running it on an 85" screen. Took me 2 months to work out this hi-tech solution to a low mounted TIR camera:

More here: http://www.migman.com/pax/migman/201010.php
humusays

Post by humusays »

So, how to fix it, cant find any soltuion all night in my property in Turkey, i am have the same issue right now. :?
Last edited by jillian.smythe on Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing unapproved link