What means "Microsoft ESD" in game list

gege21

What means "Microsoft ESD" in game list

Post by gege21 »

Hi there,

I wish to know what sort of game is available as "Microsoft ESD" name in the game list.

I have the FSX Steam edition installed and if I want to use and working my TIR 5+CP with the latest TIR soft (v5.4.2 if I remember well), when I choose as game FSX in the game list and set a dedicated profil, it doesn't work well (i.e. with some binded combination keys shortcuts to pause, reset and precision features) when I launch FSX Steam edition, the Track IR works but not these binded keys (don't works). Then I cancel FSX as name in the game list and set it to a default profil and I select in place "Microsoft ESD" name listed in the game list and set the same as for FSX a dedicated profil and bingo ! all works as expected.

What are sort of games behind the name "Microsoft ESD" ?

Thanks in advance
Gerard
MikeWitham

Re: What means "Microsoft ESD" in game list

Post by MikeWitham »

gege21,

What shows up in the title section is dependent on the version of SimConnect that your game is using. Microsoft opted to make their own third party integration and not use the TrackIR API which has lead to this issue. Though the concept is the same, it shows up as a different title.

You can do two things. 1. Assign your profile to Microsoft ESD and leave it be, or 2. Change the SimConnect installed on your PC.

I believe that sticking with option 1, which you have already done would be the easiest way and have less of a chance of becoming problematic.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Thanks Mike for the clear answer.

If I understand well, all title hidden behind the Microsoft ESD name could be used to set a specific profil and all could works well like the FSX Steam Edition as far as Simconnect is involved.

Good to know but what means exactly "ESD" abbreviate in the words Microsoft ESD ? Knowing it's signification could help for some others Microsoft based games I guess.

Thanks for your help
Cheers
Gerard

PS: all I found for the ESD shortword is "Electronic Software Download". Is that right ?
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Hi All,

Oh my BAD :oops: ! The title is wrong you would read "Microsoft ESP and not ESD".

Very sorry for the confusion (wrong letter). I just went to discover my mistake reading again this post.
And yes Microsoft ESP has something to do with FSX development kit not with download software... :?

Next time I will take care what I'm posting.

Cheers
Gerard