[GAMES SUPPORT] Kerbal Space Program

Sven2157

[GAMES SUPPORT] Kerbal Space Program

Post by Sven2157 »

The Games Page, states that Kerbal Space Program is included in games that support TIR. However, when I launch the TIR software, and look in the games list, there is no entry for KSP, Squad or Kerbal Space Program.

I may have overlooked it, but I have checked several times. My last 'Games List' update was a couple seconds before this post, and I still didn't see anything.

Side Note: I like your new forum look! I haven't been here in quite some time, but it looks good! ;)
Regards,

Sven2157
MikeWitham

Re: [GAMES SUPPORT] Kerbal Space Program

Post by MikeWitham »

Sven2157,

Fire up Kerbal and look at the TrackIR software, it will show the title it comes up as. I believe that it hasn't been moved from Private to Public on our list.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Sven2157

Post by Sven2157 »

The problem, is that it is not in the "Title" list and I cannot set the 'Default' profile....
Regards,

Sven2157
Charvel

Post by Charvel »

Hi been awhile since I've been around on the beta testers but still love and recommend TIR to anyone who will listen!

Anyway, just wanted to echo Sven2157 in saying that although KSP works with TIR I can't find it on the games list and cannot set a default profile.

Should be an easy entry to the games list next version as it's already supported, if you can find the time to make it happen! :)
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Charvel,

Doing an update early next week. Should be taken care of then!

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
idyllwildca

Post by idyllwildca »

Hello I think that I found an answer to this. It seems that the 64 bit version of Kerbal does not have the proper TrackIR code in the Kerbal software.

Not all the games on the game list are listed by their actual name. TrackIR is activated by the code inside of the game itself. So even if Kerbal was listed there it would still not work. When you do get TrackIR working the Title that will be listed in TrackIR will say 'Unity 3D Plugin' and not the expected title of KSP. You can see that Unity 3D Plugin is listed under the games titles listing.

Here is the fix that I found that will update Kerbal version 1.2 (And I think 1.1.3 also) to work with TrackIR.
Posted April 28
On 4/27/2016 at 7:22 AM, -dead- said:
Same here TrackIR 5, 5.4.2 drivers + x64 KSP = nothing doing, no light on. Can't test the 32-bit as I have too many mods.

Here's a workaround, 'til Squad get around to putting the correct TrackIRUnity.dll in the x64 folder, though:

Replace the TrackIRUnity.dll in the "Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64_Data\Managed" folder with the one from KerbTrack 1.2 http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/224254-kerbtrack (it's in the "GameData\KerbTrack\Plugins\" folder).

or

Replace the TrackIRUnity.dll in the "Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64_Data\Managed" folder with the one from here: https://github.com/medsouz/Unity-TrackI ... L/releases

Start the x64 version and it's green lights and twisty-turny views all round!

Both options work, see which you feel comfy with (downloading the zip from KerbTrack won't make Chrome & antivirus things get scared about downloading a .dll)

(reports of bad spinny-spinny in map was thanks to me trying to map view to my rudder pedals by mistake in a vague attempt to get TrackIR working, then forgetting I'd done it because it didn't work. Very Kerbal.)

Here is the link to that forum posting.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/ind ... ed-in-x64/

Hope this helps save some headaches.
Attachments
TrackIRUnity.zip
Track IR Unity from KerbTrack dll zipped
(5.69 KiB) Downloaded 466 times
TrackIRUnity.zip
Track IR Unity dll zipped
(5.69 KiB) Downloaded 475 times