TrackIR support for Star Trek: Bridge Crew?

EdgeNP

TrackIR support for Star Trek: Bridge Crew?

Post by EdgeNP »

I'm wondering if there has been any effort in contacting the developers of "Star Trek: Bridge Crew" to encourage them to implement TrackIR support.

While I can admit VR headsets can offer an increased sense of immersion, I actually prefer to use my TrackIR device instead whenever possible for a variety of reasons.

"Star Trek: Bridge Crew" already offers gamepad support as an alternative for motion controllers (in fact, it was designed around gamepad use as motion control support came later). As far as functionality is concerned, that leaves only the headtracking component of VR headsets, something TrackIR has been doing for far, far longer. I can't imagine that TrackIR would be at all difficult to support - it seems to be more of a case of convincing the developers that the interest is there.

I've seen players express such an interest during Bridge Crew's development, but I suspect NaturalPoint would have more success getting the developers' ear than individual gamers ever could. Has their been any effort from NaturalPoint on this front, or (if there has been) new information to be passed on?
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR support for Star Trek: Bridge Crew?

Post by MikeWitham »

EdgeNP,

I don't have any information to share. I will reach back out to them and see if we can get them interested. Thank you for thinking of us in this instance.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Spamster

Post by Spamster »

Ubisoft has patched this game so non VR users can use it. Any further word on development of a trackir profile we can use with Star Trek: Bridge Crew?
EdgeNP

Post by EdgeNP »

Yes, please. With VR no longer a requirement for Star Trek: Bridge Crew, it would seem like Track IR support is just a matter of getting the developers to support it. It would certainly be an improvement over the base non-VR mouse+keyboard experience.

I'm not sure if you had an opportunity to reach out to the developers before, but given their new interest in expanding their community by removing the VR requirements this seems like an ideal time to get in touch with them (even again).
spitstars

Post by spitstars »

I got arthritis in my neck, can't be arsed with VR, I need TrackIR!.