Upcoming Starpoint Gemini 3 - Dev Studio Needs to be Encouraged/

kronovan

Upcoming Starpoint Gemini 3 - Dev Studio Needs to be Encouraged/

Post by kronovan »

The development studio Little Green Men is currently beginning development of the latest game in their Starpoint series. The new game (Starpoint Gemini 3) will be different than those that came before, in that it will be more story driven and focused on smaller aircraft (fighter, corvettes) instead of capital ships. It will also feature piloting within internal cockpits (previous titles were only external views) and have full HOTAS support - previous efforts only featured gamepad support which wasn't implemented that well. I've enjoyed the last 2 games very much and appreciate that the developer is willing to deliver a different kind of space simulation that often blend genres. The lack of HOTAS support has been something I felt was woefully missing in the games and hindered the immersion for me. That said, the studios keyboard+mouse support has been first rate.

Little Green Mean are also being much more public about this game by posting regular updates that fans can provided feedback to. They've apparently had lots of fan feedback on lack of HOTAS support and they've made implementing it one of their top priorities. I mentioned TrackIR to one of the LGM developers who wasn't even aware of the product, but I was sure to mention that Elite Dangerous and the upcoming Star Citizen both support it - also posted a list of the many space sim games that do. I figure with those significant changes in the series direction (especially HOTAS support), it might be a good time for TrackIR staff to contact them. Could a staff person from TrackIR possibly contact this development studio?
Neil Abrew

Re: Upcoming Starpoint Gemini 3 - Dev Studio Needs to be Encouraged/

Post by Neil Abrew »

Kronovan,

Thanks for reaching out, and for letting us know about the opportunity! I'll shoot an email to them right now to start the conversation on implementing TrackIR into Starpoint.
Neil Abrew
Brand Manger
OptiTrack | TrackIR
kronovan

Re: Upcoming Starpoint Gemini 3 - Dev Studio Needs to be Encouraged/

Post by kronovan »

Sorry I missed your earlier reply Neil, but thanks for reaching out to LGM.