Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

NaturalPoint.Kai

Re: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Post by NaturalPoint.Kai »

Hello,

After updating the gameslist, please restart the application. I would recommend only using version 5.4.2 of TrackIR software.

If the gameslist has been update correctly, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 should show up as such:
MSFS 2020.png
MSFS 2020.png (13.38 KiB) Viewed 4527 times
Please make sure you are connected to the internet and that your firewall is not blocking TrackIR. Additionally, make sure that the software application is tracking your head movements correctly. From there, TrackIR should be detected automatically by MSFS 2020. Please note that TrackIR will not appear as an adjustable controller within MSFS 2020.

If you have any other questions or would like to manually download the gameslist file, please send an email to support@naturalpoint.com.
EnigmaKraze

Post by EnigmaKraze »

When I click on the option to TrackIR in MS Flight Sim 2020, it flashes for a second the vanishes. I only have a default Win 10 firewall running, so I shouldn't stop it. What's causing it to flash for a moment then vanish in the options?
wingclip

Post by wingclip »

bwanaaa wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:38 pm when i go to install trackIR 5.4.2 a custom setup dialog asks if i want to install MSFS 2002 Support. Did they mean 'MSFS 2020'? Should I enable this??
I have the same exact question. Is the "MSFS 2002 Support" in the TrackIR v5.4.2 installer options a type-O? I have been setting that option to install only when needed.

When I tried MSFS 2020 after installing TrackIR, it didn't work. My OS system & FS2020 are up to date, (Windows 10 Pro and MSFS 2020). I have uninstalled TrackIR and will try to reinstall but this time, I may allow the "MSFS 2002 Support" to install as it wants to.

Still, why would I need "MSFS 2002 Support if I don't have MSFS 2002?
Rich
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Wingclip,

MSFS 2002 Support is not a typo - this was needed to support MSFS 2002 with TrackIR. I don't think you will need to install it if you are doing a custom setup. Let's see if we can troubleshoot why you are having trouble getting the TrackIR software to work with MSFS 2020. First, are you able to launch your TrackIR software successfully? When it loads, does it correctly track your head movements? If so, keep the TrackIR software running and then launch MSFS 2020 and test whether your head movements work in the simulator. If this doesn't work, please close both MSFS 2020 and TrackIR and try launching them again as an Administrator. Please note that the TrackIR software must be running before you launch MSFS2020.

Let me know if you still need assistance.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative