TrackIR 5 and Ace Combat 7?

Habanero

TrackIR 5 and Ace Combat 7?

Post by Habanero »

I am surprised that Ace Combat 7 isnt in the list of supported games. Is it possible to run Track IR 5 with this title? Seems like an excellent game to be able to use head tracking.
MiGMan_FSM

Re: TrackIR 5 and Ace Combat 7?

Post by MiGMan_FSM »

I second that!

There is a workaround but I'm hoping for a solution from you guys. This is a spectacular VR oriented title which would surely push sales of TIR.
MiGMan_FSM

Post by MiGMan_FSM »

Forgive my ignorance but is it not possible to get your software to remap the TrackIR to DirectX axes or mouse axes?
ReconNinja

Post by ReconNinja »

MiGMan_FSM wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:21 am Forgive my ignorance but is it not possible to get your software to remap the TrackIR to DirectX axes or mouse axes?
It is possible to get TrackIR input to emulate an Xbox controller's right analog stick: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2195724313
However, it is a rather convoluted process, requiring a FreePIE script, vJoy, and x360ce to all be configured and running simultaneously for it to work. I'd love to see native TrackIR support for AC7, but given that such implementation probably requires cooperation from Bandai Namco/Project Aces and it hasn't already come to fruition despite the game having been out for almost two years now, I'm assuming it probably isn't going to happen. What I would like to see instead (or in addition, if Naturalpoint decides to prove my prior statement wrong) is a TrackIR software mode which directly emulates Xbox controller axes of your choosing, so you don't have to jump through hoops with three other concurrent programs to manipulate that functionality out of it. While far from perfect (the biggest drawback being a large deadzone), this would make TrackIR at least rudimentarily compatible with most applicable games.
MiGMan_FSM

Post by MiGMan_FSM »

ReconNinja wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:49 pm
MiGMan_FSM wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:21 am Forgive my ignorance but is it not possible to get your software to remap the TrackIR to DirectX axes or mouse axes?
It is possible to get TrackIR input to emulate an Xbox controller's right analog stick: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2195724313
However, it is a rather convoluted process, requiring a FreePIE script, vJoy, and x360ce to all be configured and running simultaneously for it to work. I'd love to see native TrackIR support for AC7, but given that such implementation probably requires cooperation from Bandai Namco/Project Aces and it hasn't already come to fruition despite the game having been out for almost two years now, I'm assuming it probably isn't going to happen. What I would like to see instead (or in addition, if Naturalpoint decides to prove my prior statement wrong) is a TrackIR software mode which directly emulates Xbox controller axes of your choosing, so you don't have to jump through hoops with three other concurrent programs to manipulate that functionality out of it. While far from perfect (the biggest drawback being a large deadzone), this would make TrackIR at least rudimentarily compatible with most applicable games.
Thanks Ninja! Sorry, my first time back here in 6 months!

Yes, I used FreePIE to get TIR working in Project Wingman, and that was convoluted enough thanks! :shock:
Actually it wasn't that bad.

I agree 100% - emulation is the way to go and the FreePIE cases prove that.