Light filter threshold insufficiently strong, sensor loses tracking during the day

jonelsorel

Light filter threshold insufficiently strong, sensor loses tracking during the day

Post by jonelsorel »

Hello,

Got my TrackIR 5 and Track Clip Pro in December and I've started having problems with my tracking since the days have gotten a bit longer and brighter, since my desk sits right next to a window. The light filter threshold is maxxed out, but I'm still losing tracking during daylight (with the curtains on), and it's only March. I've searched many sims' forums and many users report having this exact same issue if their desks sit next to a natural light source, such as a window, and have started taping pieces of photo film on their sensor to fix it, so that the camera detects less ambient light. I don't even want to start to think how bad the tracking gets with the regular Track Clip.

Please consider giving the filter treshold the ability to rise to a value high enough to block all normal daylight in the brightest days of summer in a future software update. I would say let it go all the way to blocking all light, so that everyone can tweak it to the level that best suits them, according to the gear they use. It's a bit annoying to have to tape something to a product you paid 200$ for.

Thank you, stay safe, and have a good day!