Does trackir work with osrs(old school RuneScape)?

toocripple

Post by toocripple »

Hello I’m new here.
I been experimenting with Enable Viacam. So far not so great with osrs. I have tried tobil 5 eye tracking and it didn’t go so well for me. I refund the device back.
Now I am back in Square One looking for a head tracking device or software.
Also does trackir work outside of game?
Or someone can point me in to the right direction?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Re: Does trackir work with osrs(old school RuneScape)?

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello toocripple,

There is a list of TrackIR-enhanced games on our website (https://www.trackir.com/games). These are games where the game's developer has included support within the game for TrackIR. For games that are not on our list, there is a mouse emulator that will allow you to use your head to move the mouse, if the game has a mouse look mode. I don't know whether Runescape has this type of mode.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
toocripple

Post by toocripple »

Omg thank you so much for your response. Can you tell me more about the mouse emulsion?

I’m so sorry for not getting back to you about this earlier.
But please tell me more details because I haven’t found anything for my problem yet.
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello toocripple,

When you install the TrackIR5 software, you should also see a program in the TrackIR v5 folder called Mouse Emulation (program name: TIRMouse.exe). To use it, you will first need to launch the TrackIR software, then the Mouse Emulation software, and then your application. The Mouse Emulation program will need to remain the active window, but it should allow you to move the mouse by moving your head. Please note that TIRMouse.exe is designed for use with certain older applications, and I don't know if this applies to Runescape.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
gregbowers

Post by gregbowers »

Regarding your question about TrackIR, it's widely used for head tracking in various games, but compatibility can vary. While I haven't personally tried it with OSRS (Old School RuneScape), it's recommended to check the game's specific support or community forums for more accurate information.

As for TrackIR working outside of games, yes, it can be used for general head tracking outside of specific gaming scenarios. It's a versatile device.