Starshatter

Kamikaze1111

Re: Starshatter

Post by Kamikaze1111 »

I've just gotten this program and am also looking at into the TrackIR support (or Non-Support) of the program. Its been several days since Dec. 11 . . . .

So consider this a BUMP . . . .

Very interested if there is a solution.

I've been playing with attempting to FORCE the TrackIR software (version 4.1 build 28) to recognize the game. Manually built a profile and it looks like the game creates its tabbed name as "Starshatter: The Gathering Storm". So this should be the appropriate Profile name. No Joy so far.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Hey Kamikaze1111,
We're still chatting with the game's developer and publisher about what's up.

While i don't have a definitive solution for you yet, the developer did mention that everything works fine for him in the old software 3.13. This is a problem, since TrackIR 4 hardware won't run 3.13. (weeping)
sooo, if you happen to have a TrackIR 1,2, or 3 series device, you should be able to download our 2 year old 3.13 version software to enjoy 2DOF trackir support in the game.

i'm sorry for this confusion. But we are working to figure out a solution asap for those who are up to date with our tech .
spiffy

Post by spiffy »

Any progress? I'm eager to give this game a shot. It's staring sadly at me from my shelf.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

Not yet,
we'll post here as soon as there is any news.
AndyHill

Post by AndyHill »

ANY progress at all?
AndyHill

Post by AndyHill »

Or alternatively, is there a way to use the TIR4 in mouse emulation mode or something similiar so that it would work in starshatter? Mouse emulation isn't as good as native support, but I used it for quite a while before any games had support for TIR.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Does the application have a mouse look mode?
AndyHill

Post by AndyHill »

Odd. I just tried the virtual cockpit mode, but couldn't control it with the mouse. Maybe the virtual cockpit only works with TrackIR? I'll try to ask if someone with more experience would know better.
jacob12342

Post by jacob12342 »

I would consider purchasing Starshatter if it has support for TIR 3 with 4.x software.
spiffy

Post by spiffy »

StarShatter does have mouse look, but it's different in that you have to hold down the right mouse button to allow movement of the mouse to register and look around.I wonder whether the dependancy on holding the mouse button down is what's messing with trackIr to begin with. I really don't think the problem could be all that complicated if the game was working with a previous version of the TrackIr software.. is the developper even looking into syncing this up, or shall I just give up on the game?