Will Smartnav work with World of Warcraft ?

satorigreen

Will Smartnav work with World of Warcraft ?

Post by satorigreen »

I want to use smartnav to take some of the pressure of my hands playing WOW for things like picking herbs and so forth and want to know if Smartnav works well for WOW?
warrenEBB

Re: Will Smartnav work with World of Warcraft ?

Post by warrenEBB »

We will double check.

But we can guarantee that it won't work separately from your mouse. Ie, you'll still have to switch between the various mouse control modes, just as if you were using a normal mouse.
satorigreen

Post by satorigreen »

Sorry for the slow reply and excuse my grammer and spelling I currently have a nasty case of Carpal Tunnel. My wife has the computers passworded while I seek treatment in the hope I can get past it some day.

Yeh it doesn't have to work seperatley from the mouse I wasn't planning on using it to look around as in trackir. The idea is to use it to take the pressure off my wrists and fingers once I recover to try and prevent it ever happening again. The plan was to use a mouse for all the hardcore stuff but for simple tasks like travelling around and picking herbs and mining an stuff to use Smartnav.

So Smartnav works in World of Warcraft or does World of Warcraft block it or anything?

I had another post in another forum about using a mouse and smartnav together. I just swap between them depending on what I am doing to take pressure off my hands.

Will Smartnav and a Mouse work simultaneously not to just look around but by swapping from one to the other depending on what I am doing as a Mouse replacement?

I got hit with Carpal Tunnel about a month ago and I LOVE games and can't imagine living without them. I have been studying Carpel Tunnel in the hope that it can be treated and I can prevent it reaccuring in future.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The SmartNAV can be used in place of a mouse, or in conjunction with a standard mouse. I have both running on my system, and they work just fine together.

As a standard mouse, I can see no issues with it working in WoW, but you may need to run the application in a "windowed" mode instead of full screen.