Lotro (and probably WoW too)

daveo1234

Lotro (and probably WoW too)

Post by daveo1234 »

Hi all, just got my TrackIR 4 today, I don't know if this has already been done but I've got it working quite nicely with LOTRO, which probably means this'll work with WoW too.

I'm using the mouse emulator, with a profile with just yaw and pitch, both set to linear, and pitch inverted (because I like to invert mouselook in the game). Smoothing is about 30. You may want to tweak the curves, I've played with upping the value on the pitch axis to make it more even, but that all depends on your system.

The trick to getting it working well was setting the right mouse button as the trackIR pause key (with toggle unchecked) AND using the right mouse button to centre the trackIR when the button is pressed AND released (so that the view doesn't flit around whenever you hit the right button). To achieve this, since the software doesn't allow both to be on the same key (why not?), I set centre to F11 and used an autohotkey (google it) script (below) to hit F11 whenever the right button is clicked or released.

The effect of this when looking at the mouse emulation screen is that the graphs only move when the right button is held down, and they always return to the centre when the button is released.

In lotro the mouselook settings are invert Y ticked, medium low sensitivity and 100 smoothing.

Now, when I hold the RMB I can look with the mouse and my head. The rest of the time, everything else works normally, just like normal lotro. It feels really natural and very rarely gets confused.

The AHK script:

#Persistent
RButtonIsDown := False
SetTimer, WatchButtons, 5
return

WatchButtons:
if GetKeyState("RButton")
{
if( RButtonIsDown = False )
{
RButtonIsDown := True
SetKeyDelay -1
Send, {F11}
}
}
else
{
if( RButtonIsDown = True )
{
RButtonIsDown := False
SetKeyDelay -1
Send, {F11}
}

}
return

Anyway, hope that's useful to someone! I'm not saying it'll work perfectly without some tweaking for your own preferences, and it's not totally straightforward, but it does work!

BTW, FSX with the TrackIR (which is what I really bought it for) totally rocks!

Have fun all!

Dave.
VincentG

Re: Lotro (and probably WoW too)

Post by VincentG »

Thanks for the useful tip.....