Call of Duty 4

VincentG

Re: Call of Duty 4

Post by VincentG »

I haven't heard anything back from the development team yet. It may have to do with the gaming application using it's own "mouse driver" view modifier within the game.
THM655321

Post by THM655321 »

Have we given up on this?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

It is on the list for inquiry by the development team, but I have no timeframe on when/if it will be resolved.
Dazz

Post by Dazz »

[quote=THM655321]Have we given up on this? [/quote]
looks like it

are there any other mouse emulation or IR programs out there that can be used with the trackir?

i have a very cheap wireless mouse and that works fine on CoD4,just natural points software isnt good enough or is too good to work on it

come on naturalpoint,you got our money,now give us a program so it works
some one

Post by some one »

To bad that Trackir is still not working in a great game like COD4 .
I think there are a lot players that would buy it when it would complete work like it should .
Mabey you ad a learn program or something to the software ?

I for my part know that we , and that are some players are waitning to buy til all is sorted out ad this thing workssssss!!
We play mainly COD4 + FEAR and for both is no suport in way of sotware .

Really a pitty to see a great device like that and you only can buy it to puth on your bookshelf !!

Some one .............
av8_r22

Post by av8_r22 »

You should be complaining to the COD4 developers, not NaturalPoint. COD4 developers CHOSE not to support TrackIR.

NaturalPoint can't force COD4's developers to support it.
SileNceR

Post by SileNceR »

Agree, it is the game development companies who are not willing to integrate it into their games for some reason or another. The response i've been getting with fallout 3 is that it isn't necessary and won't be useful; but i think that TrackIR would benefit a fast paced FPS game like CoD4 a whole lot.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

The development teams for Call of Duty: World at War (Treyarch) as well as Call of Duty 6 (Infinity Ward) both have TrackIR units to evaluate. Treyarch told me that they'll look at implementing TrackIR post-release in a patch, but that is far from a sure thing. IW is still in evaluation, as they are at the beginning of their development.

As usual, you're welcome to politely harass them on their forums or via their general contact email. :) Either way, I'll be hitting them up from this end.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack