RTS games/ Dawn of War?

Thilus

RTS games/ Dawn of War?

Post by Thilus »

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't seem to see many posts about using the TrackIR in RTS or strategy games. For obvious reasons these games tend to have limited control support, but in playing the Dawn of War II beta this week, I can't stop thinking about how awesome it'd be if I could use my TrackIR to pan and zoom my view, while freeing the mouse up for nothing but unit commands.
Frustratingly, direct support is pretty much all I can go with right now, as PPJoy doesn't run on Vista 64, and there's not a single blessed controller workaround for Windows that doesn't require it >.<
However, on a friends machine we worked up a quick hack job for the original Dawn of War, and if implemented better it seems like it'd be a real asset to the gameplay.
The Relic team are crazy about updates and supporting their titles, I imagine they'd at least look at such a thing, has anyone asked them about TIR support?
mR.Waffles

Re: RTS games/ Dawn of War?

Post by mR.Waffles »

That would be awesome. I second the motion.
Seth Steiling

Re: RTS games/ Dawn of War?

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi guys. I've been in contact w/ Relic about the possibility. If they're interested in integrating TrackIR, I'm more than happy to support their efforts. :)

-Seth
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack