Questions/Suggestions

Kerkain

Questions/Suggestions

Post by Kerkain »

I'm looking to buy TrackIR 5/TrackClip Pro bundle and I had just a few little questions.

First off the TrackClip Pro, while I don't normally use a headset with any of the games I'm play, are there any other methods in which to use the TrackClip?

What pretty much sold me on TrackIR was the FS:X capabilities which in turn got me wondering what else were possible games I could take advantage of.

So, is it possible to use TrackIR in the following games:
  • The Eldar Scrolls: Oblivion
  • Empire: Total War
  • EVE Online
I've done some searching mainly on Oblivion and seen that other requests were made but nothing that said it had been established.

How well does the mouse emulation work? I've read some people had a phenomenon of sorts would keep the camera from going back to a center position after moving the camera around.

Thats really about all I have for the moment. I will probably order this product tomorrow or even later this evening now that I think about it.

Cheers.
Seth Steiling

Re: Questions/Suggestions

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Jerriko,

Those three games do not support TrackIR. You can find a full list of the games that are supported here.

I would not recommend purchasing a TrackIR if mouse emulation is something you're counting on for access to games that you want to play. It's not really a core component of the product. It's more of a free add-on than official feature. For some games, users have found that it works pretty well, but I know many have mixed results. You're much more likely to have a good experience if you use TrackIR in a game that has officially supported our API.
Kerkain

Re: Questions/Suggestions

Post by Kerkain »

Ah its too bad. As for the mouse emulation, I'm not exactly counting on it per se, but I would still like to be able to take advantage of it which is why I asked.

I will be using TrackIR for FSX mainly as I've found myself getting more and more into actually flying IN the cockpit flipping the appropriate switches, dabbling in ATC, and so on and so forth. It really kills the immersion when I have to stop what I'm doing to space+mouselook to what I need. So I was pretty much sold by the functionality I'd get with TrackIR.

I'm sure I will likely buy a couple more games from the list you provided, which I also found on the website a while ago, cause I'm blind apparently.

I tried to order the bundle today and my card keeps getting declined for some reason so I will be making a call to Support tomorrow when I get the chance.