Any update on "The Hunter"

Bo_Nidle

Any update on "The Hunter"

Post by Bo_Nidle »

I can only find one topic re "The Hunter" on "search".

Is there any news as to the game adding TrackIR compatibility?

The Track IR subject comes up frequently on the Hunter forums.

The game and TrackIR are just made for each other.
Seth Steiling

Re: Any update on "The Hunter"

Post by Seth Steiling »

I don't have anything to add on our end. I've contacted the devs a couple of times, but as of yet they've been unresponsive. I'm definitely interested in supporting The Hunter with TrackIR, but that final decision rests with its dev team.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
KorVet

Post by KorVet »

Seth, surly there is a top executive there who might be able to get the devs to develop TrackIR for "The Hunter" Or at least query the dev manager as why they have not done so.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

I've done so myself multiple times, and have not yet received a response or an explanation of their position. I will ping them again, but at this point, the decision is theirs.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Upon digging a bit more into the situation, it looks like the Hunter dev team has had some major turnover in the past 3-4 months. That might explain why they haven't been able to be very responsive to feature requests. Hopefully once the new team settles in, they'll be able to consider TrackIR support.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
stpe

Post by stpe »

Indeed there was some turn over... but now we're back on track, with new owners and stuff coming out.

And I may announce that TrackIR support in theHunter is now in its final stages of testing and it's simply an awesome experience to use in the game.
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

[quote=StefanP]Indeed there was some turn over... but now we're back on track, with new owners and stuff coming out.

And I may announce that TrackIR support in theHunter is now in its final stages of testing and it's simply an awesome experience to use in the game.[/quote]
I've tested, and I can confirm--it's pretty sweet! :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
McIce

Post by McIce »

......waiting..... :)
DickDastardly

Post by DickDastardly »

Hi,
I'm using a TrackIR3 with vector expansion and the latest software which works with my hardware (Version 4.1.037 - Final B). When I launch The Hunter, however, the in-game menu says that a TrackIR update is needed and headtracking doesn't work.

I gather from The Hunter devs that the problem is that you guys need to update the games list for version 4.1.037 (I've tried updating it from the TrackIR software but it just says that my list is already up to date).

So could we get that update made please? (I've been looking forward to playing The Hunter with TrackIR for months and its a little frustating to still be unable to do so now that support has finally been added).
Many thanks,
DD
McIce

Post by McIce »