Totally hands-free game list

oqvist

Re: Totally hands-free game list

Post by oqvist »

How about golf sims like Tiger woods PGA Tour 2004 or 2005? should be possible if TrackIR can work within the game as replacing the mouse and you can somehow assign left and right click function.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

while anything is possible, it's a question of :
-what can we do with the current features.
-or if we'd need something new, how many people will benefit from it and should we stop working on other things.

we're currently focusing a lot of our smartnav development efforts on voice recognition. (anyone can become a beta tester for this - just contact kevin here at naturalpoint).

I'd like to think that with voice recognition and all the smartnav software features, you could definitely play the golf games you mention. If you're interested in checking it out, please let us know!
kevin

Post by kevin »

For fast paced games I would check out this site: http://www.csnation.net/articles.php/71/

It is an interview with Bobby, who uses a head tracking system in conjunction with a sip/puff switch and Voice Commander and plays CounterStrike totally hands free. Here is a link to his personal site, it has some cool stuff on it as well: http://www.wudup.net/

We recently sent him a SmartNAV, which btw he says is better than his tracker, and he is putting together a demo video that I will post here when done.

[ June 22, 2005, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Kevin ]
TomNY

Post by TomNY »

Thanks for the quick, informative reply guys! This is definitely all good information. I'm going to check out this guy's web site now.

What is Voice Commander and how would you compare it to Voice Buddy?

Thanks,

Tom
kevin

Post by kevin »

Voice command and Voice buddy are similiar programs. I am not sure what the exact differences are, I referenced voice commander because that is what Bobby is using.
Dolphin Cat

Post by Dolphin Cat »

Here is a list of about 50 games that can be used with just smartnav and a click button------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------

The best games on the list of a mini putt, mini pool, ricochet, dynomite and Jonah and is also tonnes of really good ones, the page in the middle beginning with o is great. I've spent several hours of fun on these and I'm a hardened gamer.
Good luck!
http://dnbsamples.250free.com/nohandsgames.htm

Also you have to try the demo version of ricochet extreme and ricochet lost worlds witch es like quake mixed with arkanoid. unmissable for no hand players

[ August 30, 2005, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: Dolphin Cat ]
Dolphin Cat

Post by Dolphin Cat »

I have found a way to control most first person shooters using my toes!

I have a saitek p880 game pad which has six buttons and two little joysticks and a joy pad, and it has special software so you can assign zones of all the joysticks and buttons to different keys.

That means that you can assign about eight keys to each joystick. For example one direction of the joystick might be walking then run, and the other direction might be backwards and reload.

Joystick one on the saitek is now walk run backwards reload use item
joystick to on the saitek is now jump change weapon crouch flashlight auxiliary Fire

The advantage of using small joysticks with both your toes is about you don't have to shuffle around to find keys, they are always comfortably within range of movements are very small and very comfortable, moving your feet from side to side is much easier than moving your toes up and down.

Also when I press one of the buttons of the joystick, it shifts the state of the joystick to whole new set of keys so that I can drive cars and stuff.

So I'm playing half life, the only problem is that smartnav makes it a bit unplayable because it judders at 13 frames per second when I look around , but I think that smartnav probably works smoothly in most games-I will update shortly.

[ December 02, 2005, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: Dolphin Cat ]
Dolphin Cat

Post by Dolphin Cat »

n64 emulator with smartnav.

I played a game called star fox on project 64 emulator using only a one button switch and the smartnav.

The trick is to get the latest version of the n-rage control a plug-in and use it to map the mouse to the XY controllers-I think it has to be the analog XY controllers.

You have to put the mouse speed to about 85 in the plug-in settings.

God knows what other Nintendo 64 games might be playable. any at all? many? I'm into other stuff but perhaps someone might find out!
Dolphin Cat

Post by Dolphin Cat »

top 10=

ricochet
star defender 2
mini pool
fear- snav bug
doom small snav bug
ssam2--bug
fc--bug
hl2=bug
mini putt

The bug is all the same mouse bug from smartnav, the game reads the mouse driver as a low priority driver/mouse =15fps
games with good mouse-smooth mean that the bug is smaller/ game is playable.

All the 3-D games were played using a saitek controller
kevin

Post by kevin »

If you go to ctrl+alt+del and the processes tab and set the SmartNAV process to high priority does that make a difference?